No announcement yet.

Bug people, help solve a mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes she has cleaned it up a half dozen times.

I will recheck the doors. No obvious holes but didn't check the bottoms

Comment

Yeah. I'd check the back of the door to see what that looks like. Might find your culprit.

Comment

Glue traps.
        We use them to trap spiders but they catch all kinds of bugs. Put a couple where the "pink stuff" keeps appearing. If critters are the cause you'll probably catch some.

Comment

No holes in the doors, but I did not check the bottom. Nothing obvious either inside or outside.

Got some sticky glue traps and some more ant spray.

Thanks for the help and opinions, I will let you know if any thing else develops.

Comment

How old is the carpet? It looks like the carpet is shedding...

Get a credit card and scrape the carpet and see if you see the same "fuzz"...

Just a thought....

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBhuntin View Post
              Have no clue, but could it be some type of mold or fungus. Looks like it's next to a exterior door. Carpet maybe​ getting damp via foot traffic or possible condensation from glass.

This would be my uneducated guess.

Comment

I've found similar material in one of my dresser drawers. Turned out to be mice collecting nest material. The pink insulation had bug pieces mixed in with it and looked very similar to what you have in the pic, only yours appears to be more of a trail then what I had.

Comment

I agree with the above post....Set a mouse trap there with some peanut butter...

Comment

Get a UV Flashlight and shine it on the pink fuzz at night. Most of your fungus will glow under a UV light. I'm going to guess insulation from the door. Is it a steel or wood door?

Comment

Pull up the carpet

Oh look a fajita!!

Comment

I would look to see if anything has got up under the fan on the icebox and it's blowing it against the wall.

Comment

Is there an ac vent pointing directly that way? Maybe a leaking duct sucking insulation from the attic and it is collecting there.

Comment

What kind of seal does the bottom of the door have? Is it possible that the black stuff is just deteriorating rubber and the pink fuzz is shed carpet fiber that's being rolled up when the door is closed?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              Glue traps.
                              We use them to trap spiders but they catch all kinds of bugs. Put a couple where the "pink stuff" keeps appearing. If critters are the cause you'll probably catch some.

This^^^

Comment

No clue, but let us know what you find out

Comment

Working...
                                X