Explosion, 1 Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explosion, 1 Dead

Around mid morning, I dozed off for a while. When I finally got up and grabbed my phone, everybody just blew it up. The new Aux boiler where I work (Oak Grove) had blown up, killing one person. I called the guy that I know that is working there now but got no answer. Luminant contracted that job out to a different company than who I work for. I just hope none of our guys were close to it. They were commissioning it when it blew. That’s all I know. Other words, they had completed the project and were working out all the bugs. Was supposed to had been a 5 million job. Last I heard they were 11 million over budget.

Dang, prayers up for all involved and the family of the person who lost their life.

Comment

Sheesh

Comment

Yep. My brother in law works there. He said he gave cpr.

Comment

Talked to another guy and he said there was a gas leak.

Comment

Prayers for those involved

Comment

Dang that's terrible

Comment

I haven’t heard about this yet . Was it a gas plant ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  I haven’t heard about this yet . Was it a gas plant ?
                  No, it’s 2 coal fired plants. Right in the middle of the 2 units is the Aux boiler, a small boiler that is ran off gas. They use the Aux boiler to help bring up the big units when they go off line. They completely gutted it and had rebuilt it. Were in the middle of commissioning it, which means starting it up and making sure everything is working correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    No, it’s 2 coal fired plants. Right in the middle of the 2 units is the Aux boiler, a small boiler that is ran off gas. They use the Aux boiler to help bring up the big units when they go off line. They completely gutted it and had rebuilt it. Were in the middle of commissioning it, which means starting it up and making sure everything is working correctly.

Ah ok . I work in a chemical plant so its a familiar process. We did have a power plant that ran on needle coke but it got converted to natural gas .

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Dang sorry to hear that.

Comment

Dang we didn’t need to loose any more coal generation plants. Loss of life bad deal. Gas in a confined area is no juju. Prayers for all affected from this.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Working...
                              X