front license plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front license plate?

So my son went to take his driving test for his license today in a Toyota Corolla that we bought last year. It only has the rear license plate and doesn't even have a place to put the front license plate on. They would not let him take the test and said it was illegal not to have a back and front plates visible. Quick Google search showed that was true. Never heard of this.

Must be new to Texas

Comment

It's been the case in Tx as long as I can remember hence why they give you 2 plates and not one

Comment

Yep, I got a ticket for that when I was 17 in my 1967 Mustang. That was going on 35 years ago.

Comment

Burt Reynolds died too.

Comment

I can't tell you how many police reports i've read that start "vehicle was stopped for not having front license plate" lol.....

Comment

Good PC, just like an LP bulb.

Comment

Was pull over twice within one hour for no front plate. Luckily just a warning both times. Both DPS.

Comment

Been the law since I can remember. My family has bought several vehicles from Oklahoma and always had to put a front license plate holder on. It irritates me how many Tesla's and sports cars I see driving round with no front license plate. Either get rid of the law or enforce it, I know if I removed one of my front plates I would probably be pulled over before too long with my luck.

Comment

Its always been the law but there are more and more cars, trucks and SUV's manufactured today that have no place to put a front plate which makes no sense at all.

It is rarely enforced but often used as a valid reason to pull someone over to check for other things

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                      It's been the case in Tx as long as I can remember hence why they give you 2 plates and not one
                      That’s what I thought

Comment

I know people put license plates on their dash to either be compliant with the law, or just cause they think it looks cool. However, I think that many folks don't recognize that they are placing a sharp piece of metal on their dash that is very likely to become a projectile in the event of a collision.

But then again, people glue seashells and rubber ducks and who knows what else to their dash and steering wheel as well.

Comment

He probably didnt want that person as a test proctor anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            He probably didnt want that person as a test proctor anyway.

Comment

It’s the law.

Comment

Working...
                              X