Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

How much would a meal of BBQ 1/2 chicken, sausage, red beans, taters, pickles, onions, bread, desert, and tea cost? We are charging 15 dollars and are getting flack. This is a nonprofit organization for upkeep on a cemetery.

$15 seems more than reasonable.

Comment

More than $15 that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At least 19 to 20. I'd leave it where it is.

Comment

Half chicken $7.99
          Sausage $10 / lb
          Sides $2-$3 each
          Drinks $2
          Dessert $4

$15 for a 2 meat plate with 2 sides, desserts, drink is a good deal.

Comment

For all of that on one plate... $20+

You go to any BBQ joint and that would run you $30-40.

Comment

People are going to complain no matter what you do. $15 is a fair price for that plate. I cook for a lot of non profit fundraiser and we typically sell plates for $12-$15 depending on the food cost. One of the functions I cook for has made their plates free will donation and usually averages well above $10 per person. It’s hard to sell a plate for $10 these days and make any profit for the organization.

Comment

$20

Comment

Are they maybe complaining because they want less food and a cheaper option? $15 is more than fair for all that, that's a lotta food.

Comment

Going to any restaurant these days it would be roughly $50 minimum for my wife and me it seems like.

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
                      How much would a meal of BBQ 1/2 chicken, sausage, red beans, taters, pickles, onions, bread, desert, and tea cost? We are charging 15 dollars and are getting flack. This is a nonprofit organization for upkeep on a cemetery.
                      Priced right. If anything, too cheap. Getting flack over a benefit? Never heard of such. Same people would pay $12 for a crapburger wih cheese combo at McWhatajack's without batting an eye.
                      Last edited by Graysonhogs; 05-30-2023, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Buncha tight-azzed cheapskates... Ask em if they want a hot dog and a bag of chips for $10 or a full BBQ plate for $15? Cheap people when it comes to benefits annoy the hell out of me.

Comment

You selling plates?
                          Or
                          Asking for donations to invest in the future of the cemetery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Set a price and stick with it. They will complain if it is $8 or $15. Take it for what it is.

Comment

As my Mama used to say, “Some people would ***** if they were hung with a new rope” ! Tell’em to try Whataburger……

Comment

Working...
                              X