No announcement yet.

TERRIBLE at DIY’s!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Chase! Yeah, the only thing I will end up using the plas table for is the small letter cutouts. All my other cutting will be with my old faithful hand held plasma. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Well, cooking ring is done for the time being. Three small 1” stitch welds on the inside, solid bead on the outside. On to the firebox.
      Attached Files

Comment

Coming along good now!!

Comment

Done for the day, not much more accomplished other than more cleanup on the fire ring, and “trying” to get a perfect fit up. Thanks for the “plug” Ryan, my DIY’s kinda get a little like ice cold molasses seems like! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Almost forgot… we’re off tomorrow (hot dog!) so I’ll see y’all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Monday morn.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Typical Monday… Didn’t get to get back on it this morn till after 8. Got the fire ring tacked up. Bout to weld it out, then I’ll be cutting bottom grate bars, and getting them spaced/welded in. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                Attached Files

Comment

Several feet of weld later, got ‘er sewed up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rusty,

Are you making this for Flow-Serve or do you work for them? My son works for them out of the Pasadena office but resides at the Galveston Bay Refinery.

Comment

Great work on the project and DIY thread.

Comment

I work for them in Sulphur Springs. My boss wanted me to build it for our picnic as a door prize. Got the bottom plate cut out, and it’s bean time!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looking sharp..

Comment

What can I say, it was a Monday! Didn’t get near as much done as I’d hoped, and way too many interruptions didn’t help! It took a lot longer for me to get the big sides true to each other when I welded up the bottom fire ring octagon as well. Dang thing fought me the whole way. Got nearly done with the bottom bars and ran out of 1/4” x 1”. Oh well there’s tomorrow I reckon. Tried to get a pic where it would show where I put the 1/4” x 2” every so often. Works both as an attachment place for bottom plate, and stiffening ribs for bottom plate too. That way when somebody piles a rick of wood on it, and it’s scalding hot, it’ll give it some stiffeners to keep it flat. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                            Attached Files

Comment

pretty slick rusty!!

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a heavy sucker

Comment

Working...
                                X