Feeder by Sqiggy Mfg in Franklin, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder by Sqiggy Mfg in Franklin, Tx

I bought a feeder in 2008 from my friend Sqiggy and it has worked flawlessly for the past 16 years and has followed me to four different Leases during that time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MtnMike; 05-31-2023, 06:52 PM.

nice

Comment

Cool

Comment

Wow!! 2008!!
        I don’t even remember me building you one. Where did the time go?

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          Wow!! 2008!!
          I don’t even remember me building you one. Where did the time go?
          I think you sold some to a few folks on the old KW Outdoor Forum as well. I believe it was a few months after we did the Cow Elk Hunt in New Mexico.

Comment

Great looking feeder. I’m assuming it is staked down really well, if not hogs would have mine destroyed within a few days.

Looks like your Boss Buck could use a refill.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
              Great looking feeder. I’m assuming it is staked down really well, if not hogs would have mine destroyed within a few days.

Looks like your Boss Buck could use a refill.
              Actually on my last Lease I staked it down. I have had hogs all over it on other leases but the hogs never knocked it down. Yea, I filled up the Boss Buck two weeks ago and the deer are all over it. Sqiggy's selling point was this Tripod Feeder was hog proof. Over the past 16 years, it has been!

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
                I think you sold some to a few folks on the old KW Outdoor Forum as well. I believe it was a few months after we did the Cow Elk Hunt in New Mexico.
                Don’t think I sold very many outside of that circle. Just couldn’t wean guys off of a barrel to a container, even though it would hold the same amount and use every bit of it. Go figure huh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                  I’m not real sure when I built the first one, probably over 20 years ago, but my first few I built for my place, I found out quick what I needed to change. First change I made was the top plate. It was too big and had hogs push on the legs, which folded the top plate up like a cowboy hat, which lowered the container to the ground and the hogs ate straight off the spinner plate. So I cut the diameter of the top plate way down and used AR plate with reinforcement bars on top at each leg. After that, I’ve zero problems with hogs on my feeders. Haven’t never staked the first one down nor have I had one bring one down. I have lost more feeders to flooding by knocking out the motor and timer. And those are right at 6 feet from the ground, so you can see the water can get pretty high down in that bottom. The second leading cause is fallen trees. Think I’ve had to rebuild 3 so far due to a tree wiping it out. But other than that, zero to hogs and I have 12 of these feeders on our place. None have never been staked down. I like to be able to move them over a little when the mud holes under them get to big!!

Comment

Working...
                  X