Falling ice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling ice!

Yesterday I was driving home from work going up 75. I was minding everyone else's business when all of the sudden.......BAM! While going under 635 a big chunk of ice fell from an overhead traffic sign. Right in the windshield! I can't believe it didn't take out the windshield, but it removed both my wipers. Got in the right lane and slowed way down and drove from Richardson to Allen durn near blind. Never seen it coming. Bout gave me a heart attack! I know you can't always see it coming, but y'all be careful.

Dang it, glad you made it safely.

Comment

Glad it didn't take out your windshield, heck I'd had buttered the muffin on that one.

Comment

Never had that happen but I have hit black ice on a bridge going 65 miles an hour because everything but that bridge was clear. My truck started a fish tail from hell. I didn't smash anything up but there for a second I thought I was gonna get dead.

Comment

I think there will be more stories of people being hit by ice falling off the roof as we get into the melt down today. I have concerns about my AC units getting creamed.

Comment

Wow. Glad you made it...

Comment

There will be lots of people getting hitting with ice falling off of other peoples vehicles today. Knock all the ice off your vehicle that you can folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you made it. Between overpasses and the semi trailers, ice is probably going to be flying.

Comment

Drove under some pretty sketchy tree limbs yesterday myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                    There will be lots of people getting hitting with ice falling off of other peoples vehicles today. Knock all the ice off your vehicle that you can folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    It's one thing when you see it come off a car ahead of you. But when it just falls out of nowhere

Comment

Don't follow me so close my ice blows off on you.
                      Saw it falling off crossing power lines onto the freeway yesterday as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X