Guided Fishing trip upper TX coast - recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guided Fishing trip upper TX coast - recommendations

It's been a while since I've been on the forum (just been huntin and fishing the whole time without the benefit of the internet) - but I could use some recommendations from the green screen.

Looking to do a family inshore guided trip next month (June) and was thinking this is the season for redfish. Could use some recommendations for guides between Freeport and Matagorda. Leaning more towards Matagorda just because that's an area I have never fished.

Anything different I should be considering?

Gracias in advance,

-SR.

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    It's been a while since I've been on the forum (just been huntin and fishing the whole time without the benefit of the internet) - but I could use some recommendations from the green screen.

Looking to do a family inshore guided trip next month (June) and was thinking this is the season for redfish. Could use some recommendations for guides between Freeport and Matagorda. Leaning more towards Matagorda just because that's an area I have never fished.

Anything different I should be considering?

Gracias in advance,

-SR.
    TBH's own Capt Glenn Ging fished out of Matagorda. Great guide and a great guy.

Glenn's Guide Service provides guided inshore fishing trips in Matagorda, Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post

https://www.glennsguideservice.com/
      Close the thread.

Comment

Capt Glenn! You WON'T be disappointed.

Comment

^^^^, great guy!

Comment

Randall Groves in the Freeport area!
            Otherwise Capt Glenn seems to have it pretty well figured out in Matty!

Comment

Correct answer.

Comment

Also TBH’s own Trophytrout1 guides out of Matagorda.

Captain Scott Wallace

We offer all-inclusive guided bay fishing tours from Freeport to Land Cut chasing Redtail and catching trout.

Comment

Swamprabbit any more long rucks with fly rod? That was a great thread. Glad to see you posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup!! Capt Glenn is the man!

Comment

If a TBH guide can get you in, then I would go with them, but if they are booked Peyton Arrison of Shells to Scales Guide Service is pretty dang good. He has a great boat and great equipment. He knows where the fish are. He is out of Matagorda.

Comment

If you wanted to go to Port O'Connor, my old man is a guide down there. DB Coastal Outfitters, He just had to have surgery so I'm not sure how much longer he is out but you could give him a call and see if he will be back on the water when you are planning to make the trip.

DB Coastal Outfitters offers saltwater anglers and duck hunters guided fishing trips, guided duck hunting trips, comfortable lodging & delicious meals.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                          Swamprabbit any more long rucks with fly rod? That was a great thread. Glad to see you posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I haven't done a long ruck/fishing adventure like that in a long time. Kinda cool that I am not the only one who remembers that. I think about it every year around this time. A few weeks ago I took my oldest son to a spot I found during that day and told him about it... had some flashbacks walking through the tree covered side walk with my pole, etc. Was a great memory!

Comment

Working...
                          X