X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once every torque converter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
      I hold my nose erry time I get on the road in my 2 gm vehicles- Seriously! It’s a crying shame that Gm had to get Ford help them build a quality transmission!

Now back to normal maintenance intervals

my wife and I have driven nothing but ford for 25 years and we run them high miles (my truck has 179k, wife’s Explorer 175k, daughters f150 185k ) never have I had a transmission issue on one ford

Now my buddy owns a fleet biz, over 250 fleet trucks and he said he can’t keep a transmission in a Chevy

I hear they are still having issues even with the collaborative transmission which tells me Chevy has other engineering issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
        my wife and I have driven nothing but ford for 25 years and we run them high miles (my truck has 179k, wife’s Explorer 175k, daughters f150 185k ) never have I had a transmission issue on one ford

Now my buddy owns a fleet biz, over 250 fleet trucks and he said he can’t keep a transmission in a Chevy

I hear they are still having issues even with the collaborative transmission which tells me Chevy has other engineering issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        I have been seeing talk about the 10 speed also! My truck is a 21 at4 1500 and I have 18k with no issues ‘Yet’ ! I have said it many times but I don’t trust my truck and every time I get into it I’m just knowing something is going to happen with either the motor or tranny. I did good on my purchase as far as paying under invoice but I’m going to watch the market this year and try to get into another diesel 3/4 ton truck. I’ll take a hit but I can not stay in this vehicle! I don’t know how all of these General Motors loving nuts still support them. Sorry nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          I have been seeing talk about the 10 speed also! My truck is a 21 at4 1500 and I have 18k with no issues ‘Yet’ ! I have said it many times but I don’t trust my truck and every time I get into it I’m just knowing something is going to happen with either the motor or tranny. I did good on my purchase as far as paying under invoice but I’m going to watch the market this year and try to get into another diesel 3/4 ton truck. I’ll take a hit but I can not stay in this vehicle! I don’t know how all of these General Motors loving nuts still support them. Sorry nuts
          Tried the half ton thing for 23k miles. Wasn’t for me. Thought about a tundra, but they went v6 turbo and I was out again.

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
            Never change it! We’ve changed if on 2 trucks and within 3 months both Transmissions went out. I spoke to a good friend who’s used to work in a used car dealership and he warned against this. He said it never failed every time they changed it within months they brought them back with transmission problems. I wouldn’t do it.
            Then they didn't do it right, there are some special procedures you need to take to get it to pick all the new fluid up, especially with these new 8 speed and up transmissions. The ones that fail shortly after change are almost always short filled. Have always changed fluid 5K before recommened interval and any of these new transmission that say they will last lifetime of the vehicle I change those at 100K.

Comment

transmission

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              I change fluid and filter per the manual. I never flush it. That is asking for trouble, especially past 150k.
              Agree and then if ya got a gripe/problem..Might have a chance that will fix...

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                I change fluid and filter per the manual. I never flush it. That is asking for trouble, especially past 150k.
                How do you get the old fluid out of the torque converter? I had over 150k when I began to get "the shudder". Had dealer flush tranny and no shudder sense. Now at 190k. Ford 6 speed transmission

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m about to turn 150 on my F250 and called to drop it off next week. Figure I’ll try what they recommend

Comment

Working...
                  X