Need a shooting bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a shooting bench

I was asked to help with a youth hunt. A friend runs a ranch in South Texas that takes gold star kids (children of fallen soldiers) hunting. There are a few kids that have been offered this opportunity that are from the DFW area.

Short background why I was chosen to help.
    7 years Army
    Graduated U.S. Army Sniper School September 2010 Ft Benning, GA
    2 Deployments to Iraq total of 23 months

Most of these kids have never shot a rifle and my part in helping is to familiarize them with a rifle and proper fundamentals prior to the hunt.

I would like to make it as easy as possible on these kids and have a decent shooting bench for them.

If you are close to Joshua and have one for sale let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Seay; 10-05-2018, 11:04 AM.

I've seen some really good ones for sale here lately.

Lyssy and Eckels has one in Llano that is a pretty solid setup - all welded metal and nice and heavy.

I'll be glad to kick in to help buy one for these kids....

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD8UM802s_w

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

Lyssy and Eckels has one in Llano that is a pretty solid setup - all welded metal and nice and heavy.

Llano is a little far from me. Thanks a ton for the offer though.

Comment

I have a portable bench that I made, it is set up on a black and Decker work mate table, I also have a Caldwell sure shot, I have a special needs son that uses them, you are more than welcome to borrow them if you like, I am in Southlake but I can have them in north Fort Worth right off of I 35 where my shop is.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            I have a portable bench that I made, it is set up on a black and Decker work mate table, I also have a Caldwell sure shot, I have a special needs son that uses them, you are more than welcome to borrow them if you like, I am in Southlake but I can have them in north Fort Worth right off of I 35 where my shop is.
            Very generous offer sir and much appreciated. I talked to a good friend of mine Mr Woody Kerr and he building one that will shoot left or right handed and only charging me materials! Stand up guy, and does great work!

Last edited by Seay; 10-05-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Gotta bump this up as a thanks to Mr. Woody Kerr. He came through on the shooting bench and it turned out perfect!

Comment

Been a NRA RO for a long time and have instructed/introduced children into shooting firearms. One thing that is important is being able to adapt to the different physical sizes of kids to adults. One size doesn't fit all, it's nice to have adjustability specially in the height of the seat. I built this one and it will accept short skinny to tall and fat people in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                  Been a NRA RO for a long time and have instructed/introduced children into shooting firearms. One thing that is important is being able to adapt to the different physical sizes of kids to adults. One size doesn't fit all, it's nice to have adjustability specially in the height of the seat. I built this one and it will accept short skinny to tall and fat people in seconds.

Good looking bench!

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    Had a blast taking Daniel shooting last weekend. The kid was a natural. He had never shot before but after an hour or so behind a 22 I put him behind a youth .243 and he shot lights out like he had been doing it for years.
                    This weekend was his time to shine and go on his hunt in San Angelo. No surprise after watching him on the range he dropped this awesome west Texas buck in his tracks.

Comment

Congrats to the young hunter!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great!

Comment

awesome

Comment

Thank you for your service. A mighty good thing you are doing for the kiddos. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Setxbowhunter58 View Post
                              Thank you for your service. A mighty good thing you are doing for the kiddos. Much appreciated.
                              It's kinda like when you take someone hunting and the shoot their first critter or when you take someone fishing and they catch their first fish. It's just awesome to watch how excited they get. Then, right then you know they are hooked for life, and that's because you took the time to show them something new.

Comment

Working...
                              X