No announcement yet.

Asf ez-feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had an issue with the feeder with hogs? I'm assuming building a pen is a must if you have hogs...

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
      I've got a review for you guys...

I picked up one of these from the Bucee's in Terrell this summer and put it out in Knox County. It was easy to set up and ran great for a few months but the last time we went out it wasn't throwing. After messing with batteries, swapping timers, etc., I figured out that the large "varmint-proofing" plate that sits under the spinner needs to be adjusted down about another 1/2-3/4" away from the base of the feeder box. This will prevent the spinner plate from letting the corn kernels get jammed up between the plate and the bottom of the feeder. I think this is mostly due to the weight of all the corn on the bottom of the feeder box and lack of support.. otherwise when full it will bulge/swell enough to get the spinner plate & corn in a bind.

Not sure how long my feeder was locked up but I think I've realized the biggest design flaw with these cheaper ASF stand & fill feeders. I plan to replace the bolts holding the plate with some that don't have the sleeves (threaded 100% of the shaft) and add 2 nuts to act as spacers.

Anyone else run into this issue yet?
      Thanks for an update. I had them on the list for my next feeder as I like that design.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
        I've got a review for you guys...

I picked up one of these from the Bucee's in Terrell this summer and put it out in Knox County. It was easy to set up and ran great for a few months but the last time we went out it wasn't throwing. After messing with batteries, swapping timers, etc., I figured out that the large "varmint-proofing" plate that sits under the spinner needs to be adjusted down about another 1/2-3/4" away from the base of the feeder box. This will prevent the spinner plate from letting the corn kernels get jammed up between the plate and the bottom of the feeder. I think this is mostly due to the weight of all the corn on the bottom of the feeder box and lack of support.. otherwise when full it will bulge/swell enough to get the spinner plate & corn in a bind.

Not sure how long my feeder was locked up but I think I've realized the biggest design flaw with these cheaper ASF stand & fill feeders. I plan to replace the bolts holding the plate with some that don't have the sleeves (threaded 100% of the shaft) and add 2 nuts to act as spacers.

Anyone else run into this issue yet?
        Have not ran into this issue as of yet, but will check it this weekend when I am out. I did notice on the low setting the corn threw good when I tested it the first time, when I tested about a month later it was barely making it past the feeder. I turned it on high and it seems to be working better now. Not sure if this was because of the issue you ran into but I am def going to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by GWilly View Post
          Anyone had an issue with the feeder with hogs? I'm assuming building a pen is a must if you have hogs...
          No pen around mine and we have tons of pigs. No problem.........yet.

Comment

No pen. No issues, and we have lots of pigs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GWilly View Post
              Does anyone know of a Bucee's around Houston with these currently?

The new Bucees in Katy had 16-18 when I bought mine a month ago, but I haven’t been back since. My buddy bought the last one that the Wharton store had 2 weeks ago. Not sure if they’ve replenished, either. I’d just give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Asf ez-feeder

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                Anyone mind measuring how far it throws out. Does any pile up right at the feeder?

Even on the low speed setting, I don’t have any corn piling up next to the feeder, and no corn getting clogged between the plate and bottom of hopper. This pic was 11 minutes after the feeder went off (didn’t adjust time for daylight savings), and you can clearly see how far the corn is scattered with the low speed setting.

Last edited by txheartshot; 11-13-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                  The new Bucees in Katy had 16-18 when I bought mine a month ago, but I haven’t been back since. My buddy bought the last one that the Wharton store had 2 weeks ago. Not sure if they’ve replenished, either. I’d just give them a call.

From my experience you can't call a store....It goes to the corporate office, which is a half mile from my house and it's a recording.

Comment

Originally posted by BBD View Post
                    From my experience you can't call a store....It goes to the corporate office, which is a half mile from my house and it's a recording.

You live in Clute/Richwood? I’m from Angleton.

Comment

I'll check it out, thanks for the feedback

Comment

Originally posted by BBD View Post
                        No pen. No issues, and we have lots of pigs.

Awesome, good to know

Comment

I live near Oyster Bend.

Comment

I live in Brazoria and am looking for one close to home. My cousin checked at the Wharton store last week and they didn't have any. He didn't inquire about them, though. Good to know that they have had them recently..... Maybe there's still hope.
                            It does suck that they don't make it possible to contact an individual store, though.

Comment

Anybody know if they have any in stock at Wharton now? No number to call.

Comment

Their is a reason its that cheap. Thinner sheet metal and the few design flaws like mentioned.

I have a 500 and 1000# lamco and never had a single issue in 5 years. Being able to set it and forget about it personally means alot to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X