Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show of hands...open discussion, who has killed a nalgai with a bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve killed a few with bow including a huge bull at Laguna few years back. Shot all of them with full metal jacket arrows and rage broad heads.

Comment

I shot mine with the old Epsilon 340 (9.3 gpi,if I recall) with a 4 blade 125 gr Muzzy (the late Mike Mireles didn’t allow “wobble heads”!) with 4 inch vanes, 70# Hoyt Stryker. Total arrow weight was likely in the 440 gr. range.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C51CA0BE-5888-4805-9A30-F94EDDC5FFEA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	24595980

If I was going today I’d go with my current elk setup - 70# Traverse with Easton Injexion (.166) and 125 gr Iron Will BH (-510gr total arrow weight)

All that said, a properly placed shot with a razor sharp broadhead from any well tuned whitetail bow/arrow setup will do the trick. Good luck!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Its awesome you pulled that off Michael, I hope to get it done one day

Comment

My buddy has killed two cows using Magnus Stingers 4 blade. Total arrow weight is about 450 grains and blew through both. He shot both of them at night with a bow light. One was at about 45 yards and the other at 62 yards.

Comment

Killed mine with the same setup I use for elk. Black Eagle Spartans, 75 grain brass insert with an Iron Will 125 grain head.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas.

Comment

Have killed a few, any strong broadhead should do. First bull was with a bear razor head, with bleeder vains in 1979. At that time I couldn't find anyone who had killed one with a bow, before that.

Comment

I shot two with a 70lb CS34 with a 450 Black Eagle Spartan with a 100 grain QAD Exodus. Both pass through shots. I do have an extra 30 grain insert on the front end to increase the FOC.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have taken several with my bow and recurve. Shoot the same equipment as you do for white-tail and you will be good...Seems like some folks think they need a complete set up for different animals....you need to stay with a set up and use it for all animals...

Comment

Working...
                    X