Need property advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need property advice

Looking to buy a 60 acre piece of property in Edwards county but we are unsure if we are going to make the right choice so I need some input from yall.
    First the Good:
    Beautiful property has a creek that holds water pretty good. Saw animals the first time we walked the property. Good amount of axis and WT.
    The Bad:
    High fenced on two sides. One along the back of the property and one along the side.

Would you consider the high fence a negative in this specific property? The property is at the corner of the the two high fences. Basically all the deer have to go trough all the neighbors to get to us. What are yalls thoughts?

Can the other two sides be high fenced at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You get one bad lf neighbor and you're screwed.

Comment

Doubt anyone will ever high fence the other sides. Smaller tracts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the high fence neighbors are on the northwest side that could be a good thing. Summertime axis hunting the wind is generally out of the southeast. Having a bow stand up close to the high fence would eliminate animals coming in from behind you and smelling you. Having water is a big plus.
          I wouldn't shy away from it.

Comment

Water was definitely a plus! Anyone have a similar experience??

Comment

I would be worried about the other smaller places shooting everything & the only way you get animals is through their places. A lot of those subdivisions out there are like that.

Comment

If your buying for recreation I wouldnt like it. If it’s a piece of property you love and plan on living there don’t worry about the high fences. 60 acres will get real small and you will be hunting elsewhere and whatever animals are around your house will become yard pets after a few years

Comment

You could always fence the other two sides and just stock the place.

Comment

All solid points

Comment

If you like it and it’s priced right....buy it! The only thing I know for certain about land is that they ain’t making anymore of it.

If it doesn’t work out you can always sell it.

Comment

Just be careful if it is a subdivision because like stated it can be shot out quickly and then it is not as appealing to potential buyers. Having water in that country is golden but also remember we have had an extremely wet year.

Comment

That is true this subdivision is older so I’m hoping the deer made a bounce back.

Comment

With only 60 acres I understand why the neighbors built high fences.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                              X