Tire Pressure Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Pressure Fault

Wondering if anyone with 2016 or later F250 has experienced the Tire Pressure Fault Sensor message and what did you do about it. Between 27 & 32 miles of continuous driving this message will come on. I have been to numerous tire dealerships to have it checked out. They scan each tire and say all sensors are working ( of course when I arrive and either idle or turn off vehicle, the message clears ). Yesterday Discount Tire tech did a hard reset hoping this would work. It didn’t. Have been dealing with this issue since August of last year. In desperation today I had all 4 sensors replace. Cost $259.00. Haven’t driven past 5 miles yet so not sure if my problem is fixed. Any thoughts.

Did you check with the dealer? Could be a programing issue with the computer. I have had multiple computer related issues with my 2018 F150 and my wife's 2019 Edge. Ranging from transmission shifting to the radio... There were service bulletins on all of them and would have been covered even if past warranty I believe.

Comment

No haven’t checked with dealer. That would be my next option if the new sensors don’t make a difference.

Comment

My 14 does it, I just run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanm View Post
          Did you check with the dealer? Could be a programing issue with the computer. I have had multiple computer related issues with my 2018 F150 and my wife's 2019 Edge. Ranging from transmission shifting to the radio... There were service bulletins on all of them and would have been covered even if past warranty I believe.
          I also had programming issues, 1st it was ABS light issues then shifting problem
          Next was it going in to 4wheel drive on dry pavement or not in muddy,
          Zero mechanical issues but a bad cpu , all covered under TSB

Comment

My 2014 F150 did it randomly also, then I wore out my tires and got new ones. I have a couple of thousand on them and it hasn't done it since, I think it had something to do with the tires. It also used to randomly show low oil pressure, but only when going down one particular Hill at the deer lease. It's a Ford and I ignore it.

Comment

I just ignore it as well in my 2010.

Comment

problem fixed?

Comment

We have to get the sensors rebuilt at Discount Tire............

Comment

Kept having issue with one on a 2017 super duty. I ignored but had replace about 200 before warranty expired. They claim it was faulty, but one in particular never worked consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                      My 2014 F150 did it randomly also.
                      Mine too. It seems to happen more frequently, when the roads are wet.

I'd take it to Ford, but they'd just tell me they're operating as designed!

Comment

My F250 does it when my phone charger is plugged in for a long time, unplug it and it goes away.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2010 F150 and chased that same problem for the last 7 months.... Whenever light would come on, I'd stop and find all is well. Or I would keep driving and it would go off after ~30mi or so. It went off before any of my 4 Discount Tire visits and they couldn't tell which one it was...

FINALLY week before last it came on, I immediately brought it to Discount Tire again and kept the engine running...completely expected it to go out any second, but the light stayed on and they found one sensor was dead. Replaced it and have since rolled nearly 1000mi with no issues.

Comment

Did you check the sensor in the spare tire?

That got me on wife’s car a while back.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

No never thought of checking spare tire. Anyway I went ahead and bought 4 sensors from Discount. Drove 255 miles today and fault message never came on. I’m sure it was probably one bad sensor, but like Swamp Rat said they always checked out ok when scanned. Sure hope it was one of the sensors on the ground and not the spare tire.

Comment

Working...
                              X