Palmetto state .300 BO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palmetto state .300 BO

Anybody have any experience with the psa barreled uppers? Wanting to go with either 8.5 or 10.5 for a pistol build. Was curious how well they shoot subs. Will be getting suppressor soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

we like our 10.5 with a omega.

Comment

Have a 8.5” upper, with my can on it, it’s only like 1.5” longer than my 16”AR’s.

Mainly used as a truck gun with SuperSonics. Subsonic need to be around 1,100fps and they drop pretty bad after 100yds. Shooting the SuperSonics with the can allows to shoot it without hearing protection.

Shooting subs at animals isn’t as romantic as it sounds, if you hit a hog it will make noise and run off and scare others as much as hearing the SuperSonics. I wouldn’t shoot a deer or take the chance either with the subs.

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
        Have a 8.5” upper, with my can on it, it’s only like 1.5” longer than my 16”AR’s.

Mainly used as a truck gun with SuperSonics. Subsonic need to be around 1,100fps and they drop pretty bad after 100yds. Shooting the SuperSonics with the can allows to shoot it without hearing protection.

Shooting subs at animals isn’t as romantic as it sounds, if you hit a hog it will make noise and run off and scare others as much as hearing the SuperSonics. I wouldn’t shoot a deer or take the chance either with the subs.

Ten4. Plan is to use as close range hog gun, 50 yards and in.

Comment

I have one but haven't shot it a lot yet. Shot 2-3 different boxes of factory rounds. Nothing decent yet. 4-5" at 100 so far. Plan on working through it soon hopefully.

Comment

no experience with subs but I have one in 16" and my son is grim reaper with it. Shooting 110g Hornady Full Boar rounds and he was heck on deer and pigs with it this season. I've been very pleased with it esp for the price.

Comment

I own several PSA short barrels.....2x 10.5" .223, 1x 10.5" .300blk and 1x 12" 6.5 Grendel. I shoot them all suppressed with supers for my thermal hunting and all I can say is, they go "bang" every time I pull the trigger and the accuracy is just as good as any of the many other brands of AR's I own, including all my Rock Rivers.

For the money I really don't think you can beat them.

Comment

Appreciate all the feed back. Gonna give the 10.5” upper a try

Comment

Working...
                X