Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone eat/consume bones??

We buy a half a steer every year.
    So, I pulled some soup bones out the other day, put them in the crockpot for 12 hrs then added potatoes, onions and seasoning.
    This thing has been cooking on "keep warm" for about a week.
    Anyways, I just had a bowl and the bones just chew right up.
    Anyone?

Why?

Comment

Nothing like a good bowl of bones at 3 o clock in the morning ������

Comment

[emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The bones go to the dogs when I'm done with the soup.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

Never had them but it sound interesting.... Do the potatoes and onions completely brake down??

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
              Nothing like a good bowl of bones at 3 o clock in the morning ������
              That's what she said !

Comment

Keep warm for... a week?...

Is that sanitary?

Comment

Seems like all the money you spent on keeping bones warm for a week you could have bought some meat to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                    Keep warm for... a week?...

Is that sanitary?
                    Yeah, don’t think I would trust this

Comment

Sounds like a guy on our lease on Friday it was stew by the next Friday it was hash . The next Friday it was spaghetti he never threw it away just keep adding.

Comment

Huh.....I thought the Kardasians were the only ones......

Comment

If you had a steak in a high end restaurant with the brown liquid , its called Bordelaise Sauce, made from bone marrow as the base .

It varys from type of food , french , Cajan , etc seems that most cultures have a type of this sauce Some chefs buy the marrow ready others make it . Common staple in diets for

Myself not a fan of the Bordelaise Sauce , but that is just one version of marrow used in a sauce .

There is a very good version of tomato soup with it .

I have had it on toast its very good a touch of sea slat with it , Most any one can make it heat the marrow bones in an oven and scoop it out .

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Never had them but it sound interesting.... Do the potatoes and onions completely brake down??
                            No, the potatoes are still in small chunks. Onions are indistinguishable.
                            I just happened to bite down on one of the bones and it just chewed right up.
                            Also, I couldn't find any black pepper so I used red peppers (like for pizza) instead,
                            Mmmmm-mmmmmm!!!

Comment

My brother-in-law is a chef at a high-end steak house, and they serve bone marrow as an appetizer. Bones cut in half length-wise full of spreadable marrow, served with bread. Not bad, but very rich. It’s an acquired taste I’m sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X