Academy returns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy returns?

Anybody ever had to return an item that was an exchange for another return? Confused yet?...so I returned a crappy Moultrie camera last year that I had a receipt for and they did an exchange since I had the receipt. They didn't have the same camera anymore so I added some cash and upgraded a little and tried the Muddy brand camera. I only used it last fall and now I'm trying to put it in my back yard and it doesn't work anymore. I still have the box and the receipt and the receipt date is within a year. My question is, will it make a difference that the receipt says that it was an exchange? I've never had to return an item twice. It'll be the New Caney store if that makes any difference.

All depends on the cashier/manager. Some will exchange anything and others go by the book. It is worth a shot.

Comment

Academy will still take it back. No question asked.

Comment

Academy will take back anything.

Comment

I’ve done it, even without receipt.

Comment

Gave me $270 on a return a few months ago on a camera without a receipt that I had gotten as a gift. Not the same situation, but they’re pretty good about taking care of their customers.

Comment

Academy will take pretty much anything back or give you store credit for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In my experience they have the best return policy of anyone but I’ve never kept an item that long and tried to return it. Might work.

Comment

As stated they’re good about returns. They let me swap out ammo on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                    As stated they’re good about returns. They let me swap out ammo on the same day.
                    Wow, its illegal for them to take ammo back...

Comment

Thanks I'm gonna try and return it today possibly.

Comment

As long as it’s something they carry, they’ll take it back

Comment

I’ve had good luck at New Caney, I just returned an online order from earlier in the year with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            As long as it’s something they carry, they’ll take it back
                            I'm not sure if they still carry this specific model of Muddy game cameras but I do have the receipt and box so I'm thinking it won't be an issue.

Comment

If it’s within a year and you are buying something else there..
                              Double time return @ academy yes done it before

Comment

Working...
                              X