Those chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those chairs

Okay after being behind the slowest trad shooters(first 20 targets) this weekend I might have to get a nice chair for the next classic.

Who makes a great chair for us above average size shooters?

Nice size pocket to hold drinks and snacks.

@ Glenn

We started late and I usually do not carry any snacks while I out of the range. I was drinking a lot of water, but I got hungry. I ate breakfast(6:00AM), but it was close to 3:00 when we finished. The combination of the heat and not having a snack was beat down.
    Last edited by 2050z; 08-02-2010, 06:53 AM.

Hey you like me got plenty of reserve
    Im looking at Dale Hollow outdoors. They have some pretty good looking shooting chairs.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't get one of the type with the zipper access on the top part of the seat.

I have seen more (big)guys dumped on their rear using these, than I can count.

Comment

Timmy man up or turn in your card. haha

Comment

Why didn't you look at what Lancaster had in front of their booth? They have a few that are pretty good chairs, and they have a few (like Jimmy said) that you would want to stay away from, like the zippered tops.
          I just use a regular dove stool, but I am going to get one of those Aurora Backpack Chairs that Lancaster has- they did not have any at the show, but I saw several peeps using them. Only $39 dollars.

Comment

Lol. Its a good thing to have a chair specially when you are shooting behind a slow group.

Comment

Cabela's has a tall version of the dove hunting chair with a folding back, I've used one for a couple of years and it's done well... just tape a golf tube to it for your arrows..

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                Why didn't you look at what Lancaster had in front of their booth? They have a few that are pretty good chairs, and they have a few (like Jimmy said) that you would want to stay away from, like the zippered tops.
                I just use a regular dove stool, but I am going to get one of those Aurora Backpack Chairs that Lancaster has- they did not have any at the show, but I saw several peeps using them. Only $39 dollars.

By the time I finished the course the last thing I wanted to do was look around. I was beat down. They stopped adding ice to E range coolers and it was just hot water. It sucked!

Thanks for the recommendations everybody.

Comment

That would suck. We had that happen once on Saturday, and I told the range official immediately. It was too hot to play around with hot water!!

However, Lancaster's was THE place to hang out. They had free ICE COLD bottles of water in front, and a mister fan blowing non-stop. Plus a canopy over the products. So, support Lancaster! They do this at every Pro-Am that is during hot weather. As long as you aren't blocking customers from the counter, you can stay as long as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by meangene1969 View Post

You wussed out and did not show. I manned up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                      That would suck. We had that happen once on Saturday, and I told the range official immediately. It was too hot to play around with hot water!!

However, Lancaster's was THE place to hang out. They had free ICE COLD bottles of water in front, and a mister fan blowing non-stop. Plus a canopy over the products. So, support Lancaster! They do this at every Pro-Am that is during hot weather. As long as you aren't blocking customers from the counter, you can stay as long as you want.
                      I will check out the line of chairs they sell. I am putting all the pictures i have collected over the last year so you can have them.

Comment

Here is the best one out there.

Tracy got this guys name from Danny McCarthy last year and bought us a couple of Sweeet Seats.

They are pricey but by far the best.

The chairs from Academy will "let you down".....hard....when you least expect it.

Here is the Sweeet Seat website:

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                          The chairs from Academy will "let you down".....hard....when you least expect it.
                          Only when your hitting that bong you used to carry around.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                            Here is the best one out there.

Tracy got this guys name from Danny McCarthy last year and bought us a couple of Sweeet Seats.

They are pricey but by far the best.

Here is the Sweeet Seat website:

http://www.gpssweetseat.com/accessories.shtml
                            I cannot find a price on their website.

Comment

I wonder is chairs come in sizes like shirts... x. xl. xxl. ***l. ZL. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X