No announcement yet.

Battery Angle Grinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the porter cable 20v and like the whole set.

Comment

I've used the Makita grinder and it has been a useful tool around the lease for sure. I've had my Makita set for going on 6 years now. Not a single hiccup. I picked up the set after my buddy who had his for 2 years prior - his has had no hiccups either so his set is 8 years old and still rotating like a champ!

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Been replacing all my old cordless tools with new Dewalt 20v max tools. Angle Grinder is next on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
          Thanks to all who responded. I’m looking at the DeWalt 20v. Lowe’s has the bare tool for $130 plus a free battery and charger. I already have several of the DeWalt 20 v tools and batteries so should be able to keep it going all day.
          This sounds like a great deal, but I can't see where the battery and charger come free. Can you send a link?

Comment

I got Ryobi lets just say its OK and I would replace it with same if it ever gives up..Battery life is not problem Just don't have power of electric..Great for light jobs ...great with flap too..oh I got 6 Ryobi battery 3 std/ 3 big uns all LITH...it does best on big uns...It aint no Milwauki but 100s less in price...

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
              This sounds like a great deal, but I can't see where the battery and charger come free. Can you send a link?
              Shop DEWALT 4.5-in 20-volt Max Trigger Switch Cordless Angle Grinder (Tool Only) in the Angle Grinders department at Lowe's.com. The DCG412B 20V MAX Lithium Ion 4-1/2-in Grinder increases productivity with features like Quick-Change™ wheel release, convenient trigger switch with

You have to add it to the cart to see the free battery and charger

"BUY select Dewalt Bare Tools (1100334, 1100333, 329779, 405418, 836492, 689962, 726696, 405417, 551624, 836496, 405419) and GET a Dewalt 20V Starter Kit (1262889) FREE. Free item automatically added to cart. Offer Ends 7/31/19"
              Last edited by DirtyDave; 06-21-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and order the 20v max for $169 with the batt and charger.
                Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                  https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-4-5-...cluded/3962539

You have to add it to the cart to see the free battery and charger

"BUY select Dewalt Bare Tools (1100334, 1100333, 329779, 405418, 836492, 689962, 726696, 405417, 551624, 836496, 405419) and GET a Dewalt 20V Starter Kit (1262889) FREE. Free item automatically added to cart. Offer Ends 7/31/19"
                  Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorControl View Post
                    2nd the Milwaukee.
                    Ditto

Comment

With whatever you get just be aware that while nice to be cordless they compliment and corded grinder and not replace them. I use Milwaukee’s 18 and 28 volt models and they do come in handy when not around 120v

Comment

Milwaukee Fuel

Comment

Love em!! With a 5 amp battery they are great, with a 9 they are unstoppable.

All my other corded grinders are in the drawer now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
                            The flexvolt grinder is a bad dude, the only issue I've had with it is that it eats those 60 volt batteries pretty fast. Putting the 60 volt 9 amp batteries on a 20 volt grinder makes it last forever and still does whatever you would want. They came out with a 12 amp 60 volt battery that I'm sure is ******, but they want like $250 for one of them!
                            yup I use a flex volt battery for when I go out to the lease. Will run all my tools for a much as I need them.

Comment

Originally posted by txcntryboy View Post
                              Love em!! With a 5 amp battery they are great, with a 9 they are unstoppable.

All my other corded grinders are in the drawer now.

Nice setup. What kind of fab work do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                                Nice setup. What kind of fab work do you do?

Thanks! My little shop has been a slow process but it’s going well for a nights/weekend gig.

Mostly smaller custom fab, anything from Smokers, disc cookers, fire pits, and gates, to commercial downspout boots, furniture, CNC plasma cut signs and anything in between.

Comment

Working...
                                X