Tobacco Age Goes Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tobacco Age Goes Up

Just saw where Abbott signed the bill which will increase legal age of buying tobacco products to 21 effective Sept 1st

Wise move IMO

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Won't make a bit of difference.

Comment

Great, more laws to protect adults from themselves......

Comment

They need to move the age that you can join the military or vote then. If you're not mature enough to know what tobacco can do to you at 18 you don't need to be making choices to go fight or war or who's leading our country.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              They need to move the age that you can join the military or vote then. If you're not mature enough to know what tobacco can do to you at 18 you don't need to be making choices to go fight or war or who's leading our country.
              Agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                Won't make a bit of difference.
                I disagree. Not saying they won’t be able to find it, but I do believe it will make it more difficult. It’s too easy for a senior in high school to buy up tobacco products for younger folks. I don’t know a lot of 18 year olds with 21 year old friends. If it hadn’t been for the seniors, I’d have never gotten my snuff as I didn’t know anyone much older than high school. I think the biggest impact will be less tobacco in schools. It will still be there, but I think it will be a lot more challenging than it used to be.

I think if anything, the age might have been bumped to 19-20. At least get the legal age out of high school for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    I disagree. Not saying they won’t be able to find it, but I do believe it will make it more difficult. It’s too easy for a senior in high school to buy up tobacco products for younger folks. I don’t know a lot of 18 year olds with 21 year old friends. If it hadn’t been for the seniors, I’d have never gotten my snuff as I didn’t know anyone much older than high school. I think the biggest impact will be less tobacco in schools. It will still be there, but I think it will be a lot more challenging than it used to be.

I think if anything, the age might have been bumped to 19-20. At least get the legal age out of high school for the most part.
                    Nah. I was pretty crafty at getting tobacco, alcohol, and pot when I was underage. Kids these days are even more crafty I think. Teenagers will always find a way.

Can't buy a gun until your 18. Should that be moved up to 21? Will that stop school shootings? Same logic applies. Making a law does not stop something from happening.

Comment

Maybe it will make it harder for them, but I never had trouble finding 21 year olds to buy me alcohol when I was in school. I kinda figure this will be the same.

Comment

Drinking age has been 21 in Texas since 1986. How's that working out for underage drinking? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                          Nah. I was pretty crafty at getting tobacco, alcohol, and pot when I was underage. Kids these days are even more crafty I think. Teenagers will always find a way.

Can't buy a gun until your 18. Should that be moved up to 21? Will that stop school shootings? Same logic applies. Making a law does not stop something from happening.
                          Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                          Maybe it will make it harder for them, but I never had trouble finding 21 year olds to buy me alcohol when I was in school. I kinda figure this will be the same.
                          Well in that case, let’s just drop the drinking age to 18 lol

I’m in my 30’s so I’m not impacted. Just figured it would be good for popcorn this evening

Comment

Agree also, High school kids are probably the most impressionable creatures on earth. Making nicotine even a frog hair harder to obtain is a good thing.

Comment

Guess there will be a lot of people in my neck of the woods running across the border and buying it by the roll. It’s a lot cheaper on the other side of the river anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X