No announcement yet.

How safe is Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just returned from St Maarten, the Dutch side. Wonderful Beaches. Friendliest people in the world. No armed soldiers at the airport. A little further flight than Mexico, but absolutely beautiful water.

Comment

Tourist was murdered in Playa yesterday...

nice

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
        I’ve gone every year for at least 15 years. I’d say much safer than Chicago or Detroit. Don’t go look for trouble and it won’t find you

Curious, are you basing your comparison to Chicago on your experience in Chicago?

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          Tourist was murdered in Playa yesterday...

nice
          How many people were murdered in Dallas this week? Or Houston?

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          Curious, are you basing your comparison to Chicago on your experience in Chicago?
          My experience. All my family that live there and murder statistics. It pretty well know to have a high murder rates

Comment

:I'm headed to Cancun/Playa for a wedding over Memorial Day weekend. If I get murdered, I hope it will be on the news here and then everyone can take that as a sign NOT to go.

Comment

Everyone will be filling feeders whether you make it back or not! But Please make it back

Comment

Headed to Cabo Saturday, maybe I should stay home

Comment

With me it's not about safety. I choose to spend my money elsewhere. As others have said, Mexico in part has a huge hand in what is happening to our country.

So the same people on here that will not go in establishments that do not allow concealed carry will vacation in a potentially unsafe country that does not?

Boycott California. Go to Mexico?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I live on the Border and hear much more than most, Stay away from the Border, I used to go over several times a month but have not been in 8 years, heads in grocery bags kind of discourage me. Also have driven from Texas to Belize and across most of Mexico, but that has been over 10 years ago, wouldn't do it now. There have been many drug related killings in Cancun and Playa, Cartel even blew up a passenger ferry in Playa. I have family in Cancun and they say all is OK but I am skeptical. As was said earlier probably no worse that some cities here.

Comment

I crossed the border 14 times last year hunting and never saw anything remotely scary... and I was watching for it. I also came 1/4 of a second from dying yesterday from a texting driver 10 miles from my home. My point is... when it’s your time... then it’s your time. Live your life and have fun, use common sense and you will be ok. Google search “10 rules for traveling in a foreign country” and follow them to the best of your ability. Example: don’t travel at night etc.

Comment

I'll be in New Orleans tonight. There are places there that are a lot scarier than anywhere I've ever been in Mexico. Had an apartment in the French Quarter for a long time. Oh to describe some of the things I saw .

Comment

I guess it depends on where you go.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                            I crossed the border 14 times last year hunting and never saw anything remotely scary... and I was watching for it. I also came 1/4 of a second from dying yesterday from a texting driver 10 miles from my home. My point is... when it’s your time... then it’s your time. Live your life and have fun, use common sense and you will be ok. Google search “10 rules for traveling in a foreign country” and follow them to the best of your ability. Example: don’t travel at night etc.
                            Wrong post quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                              I'll be in New Orleans tonight. There are places there that are a lot scarier than anywhere I've ever been in Mexico. Had an apartment in the French Quarter for a long time. Oh to describe some of the things I saw .
                              I don't want to vacation in New Orleans, Chicago or St. Louis either.

Comment

I travel for work to Del Rio, Eagle Pass and Laredo. I never stopped crossing border at any time. I usually go Acuña, Piedras and Nuevo Laredo for dinner when working on Border towns. I'm usually back on US side by 1030-11 PM. Not once have I ever had any trouble. Of course I'm also not white🤣

Comment

Working...
                                X