No announcement yet.

Big Mistake, Lesson Learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the case of it being pigs that were shot, you may want to try educating them on how much damage the pigs do to land and other wildlife. There's a few pics of pigs eating fawns and such floating around on the web that may help. My wife didn't hunt before I met her and now she will go even if I can't go with her. Everyone saying you should leave her etc. needs to think about people(voters) having and sharing with others, these same anti hunting views down the road with an extra disgust because "that mean hunter did me wrong". Try to teach the overall process of managing a deer herd and maybe she wont see it as thoughtless killing. It's good that she has "tolerated" you hunting but it would be much better if she understood why we do the things we do.

Comment

Lol I would have told her she needs to be a lot tougher to make my *** sleep on a couch!

Comment

I feel truly blessed to have the wife of 39 years that I have. I get thrown in the dog house from time to time, but not for something like the OP.
        KAP

Comment

Troll

Comment

Crying? Are you crying? There ain't no crying in pig killing!

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Well, that's a crappy situation. However, I'll be ****ed if I sleep on the couch because I shot a pig. You're a bigger man than I, Sir. To me, that would be like accepting a punishment for doing nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky freak View Post
                Troll
                Yep. No way this real

Comment

Wait a minute. The bigger picture is you have your MAN CAMP back!

And I guess you can't take them fishing either. It's sure terror to watch a fish get hooked in the mouth with a sharp barb, then try to do everything to save themselves.

Comment

I think the point of WHAT upset these women is being overlooked.

Watching something die from a gunshot or arrow is traumatic. They don't always just stop and lay down to sleep. It is usually kind of bloody and gory. Most city folk have not ever watched that event play out.

That is actually the one part of hunting that, for me personally, is where I realize that I have a respect for hunting/killing.

Having said that, kill all pigs and coons whenever you get the chance.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Poor little pigs.

Comment

After 40 years of you hunting, that was a very immature response on her part. And your DIL - that was completely wrong of her to do that as well.

It's women like that that give hunting women a bad rap.

Comment

Originally posted by castlegaphunter View Post
                          I think you'll be alright....son needs to trade in.
                          x2

Comment

Reckon you set yourself free during hunting season. Anytime you dont want her going just put bring a gun along. Dont see no problem in your story, just use it to yer advantage.

On a side note, you said she stills sees them hog legs a kicking. Go get you chicken and ring its neck in front of her, she will done forget about them hog legs.

Comment

HAhaaahaahhaahaahhaahahahahahahahh, slept on the couch, f that. Should have told her to go to the kitchen and make you a pork chop sammich

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                I simply couldn’t live with someone who acted like that about shooting a **** pig.

Your son should find the nearest exit....it isn’t likely to get better from here.
                                Agree

Comment

Working...
                                X