The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
    That is a great idea. My daughters were old enough this year to start getting points in AZ. I can't wait to hunt elk with them.
    My girls got their hunters safety card last weekend !
    My oldest has been asking me, when does she get to go elk hunting since she was 4.
    I have always told her, when you are 14.
    Well, she turns 14 in August, so I am putting her in for a Co. cow tag this season! Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
      Not me checked last night have anouther preference point and will be getting a refund, it is only the first draw of the year. What tag did you draw in Wyoming this year?
      General....I use WY as an opportunity Elk state

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
        My girls got their hunters safety card last weekend !
        My oldest has been asking me, when does she get to go elk hunting since she was 4.
        I have always told her, when you are 14.
        Well, she turns 14 in August, so I am putting her in for a Co. cow tag this season! Can't wait!
        Good stuff Terry! Hope she gets a big fat one!

We are hunting a private ranch in a CO OTC unit this year. Just sent the deposit check in. Should have a decent shot to draw a deer tag this year too. We can't decide whether to go early season or the week of muzzle loader.

Comment

The New Mexico deadline is the 18th so you have a couple of days to complete your applications. Got mine done today.

Comment

Anyone going for OTC rifle season for elk? I am really wanting to go but I dont have many friends that hunt or that want to go lol. Been doing alot of research on units and such but I just dont know which direction to go.

Comment

I put in for a cow tag in Colorado Unit 76 again this year. Saw some big herds last year and hope things go just a little better this year.

Comment

Well good luck to all that were able to make the NM hunt lottery deadline.

Comment

Ladrones- I sent you a PM

Comment

I'll be going to the second otc rifle hunt in Colorado in October with Cherokee TP outfitters if anyone is interested in joining me. It's a five day hunt. I'll be driving solo. PM me for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      I didn't submit due too I'm still doing my homework, has anyone drawn and hunted the Cibola national forest sections? What I've read it's not the Gila but still good hunting country.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                        I didn't submit due too I'm still doing my homework, has anyone drawn and hunted the Cibola national forest sections? What I've read it's not the Gila but still good hunting country.
                        Are you talking about the Mount Taylor or Magdalena area?

Comment

Put mine in about a week ago. Fingers crossed

Comment

Are you talking about the Mount Taylor or Magdalena area?
                            Lol not 100% sure, I know I found a deal called the sandia ranger area. Seems too be northeast of Albuquerque and due north of Tejeras

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                              Lol not 100% sure, I know I found a deal called the sandia ranger area. Seems too be northeast of Albuquerque and due north of Tejeras
                              Ok what hunt unit?

Comment

Making plans for my first elk hunt with a long time buddy who lives in AZ now. We will be getting OTC tags for Colorado. Just not sure where yet. Lots to plan for, but super excited to have dates on the calendar, and a budget set aside for this.

Wishing everyone luck this fall!

Comment

Working...
                                X