No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figure I'd try one more time to see if anyone is interested in going to Colorado last week of archery Sept. 17-23. Cabin (with hot shower), access to 5,000+acres private, walk-in cooler. Cabin sits right in the middle of the high country so we will be able to start hunting right out of the door in the morning. Can hunt the private AND public. $1,500 for the week plus food, fuel. and tags. Elk and bear over the counter, Mule deer draw(deadline April 3) or possible landowner tags. Unit 62.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a cool place and a good deal as well. A hot shower on an elk hunting trip? Not sure I would know what to do with that. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
        Looks like a cool place and a good deal as well. A hot shower on an elk hunting trip? Not sure I would know what to do with that. Lol
        It is a good deal, I've hunted around it before. A lot of deer and elk get pushed onto this property with how much pressure unit 62 gets.
        I have other plans this year though...

Good luck there.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
          It is a good deal, I've hunted around it before. A lot of deer and elk get pushed onto this property with how much pressure unit 62 gets.
          I have other plans this year though...

Good luck there.
          Yeah there's over 2000 guys in 62 during Sept between Elk, Deer and Smokepole. Private may be the ticket. Already committed to WY.

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
            Yeah there's over 2000 guys in 62 during Sept between Elk, Deer and Smokepole. Private may be the ticket. Already committed to WY.
            I was there for a couple days last year, hit the woods and had a couple canyons all to ourselves. This was muzzy week and I surely expected much more pressure than what we saw.
            I would not hesitate to go back and hunt that unit.
            We actually saw more pressure in 41,42, and 421. Enough that we only stayed one day. The Grand Mesa was getting hit hard that week but UNit 62 wasn't that bad.

Comment

I hope it's a good deal. Everyone I talked to says the cabins are in a prime area. Being able to hunt right out of a comfortable camp with Hot shower will be a first for us too. The private land supposedly landlocks some good public land to an extent. Sure wish I could get a couPle more hunters tO go, but we just might have to have a small camp instead. Good luck to all on their western adventures this fall!

Comment

Sounds like a good deal. I just want to be in the woods day.

Comment

Ok guys, I'm back! Been too busy working on business stuff.

Did anyone draw AZ??? Congrats to anyone who did!

Comment

My buddy drew unit 9 first year applying.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                      Wow!!!! Just waiting to see what NM brings my way or OTC CO again.

Comment

Archery Elk?

Comment

Yes archery elk

Comment

Santa Maria!!!! Get him to buy a lottery ticket TODAY! Congrats to him.

Comment

Yes archery elk
                              Is he an Arizona resident?

Comment

No he is a non resident

Comment

Working...
                                X