X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I just saw this too! Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by caseys95m3 View Post
      Congratulations on a heck of a public land Buck!
      Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by redhoghunter View Post
        Was just coming to check in with everyone….

Hope y’all are all ok!
        Lots of sirens in the Byron Nelson High School area from 4:10 to 5:30
        My bet, it was in that area North of the school.

Comment

So, someone fell from a tree?

Comment

Praying for the injured hunter. Sure hope he is okay!

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Comment

The report someone on facebook shared said 'hanging upside down from a tree with arrow in the leg'. Does not sound like a good day!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                Do you know the details?

All I know is they called in for a Fire Department boat for a male in a tree shot with an arrow. And possibly in an area accessible by boat.

Obviously that doesn't necessarily mean he was "shot" with an arrow.

Comment

Saw it on Facebook. Hopefully he’s alright.

I’ll stand corrected on the surveying with corn thing if y’all have actually talked to someone who does it.

Then I’ll add a facepalm for using corn to survey on land that prohibits corn for hunters. Says a lot about how the place is run. The temptation is too strong for some to cheat the system and bait for deer. Spotlight, use your hunter surveys, do anything else you need but don’t freaking bait for them when baiting is illegal for everyone else. I just don’t get it.

Comment

Congrats on a good one Troy! Shifting over to LBJ now?

Comment

Have any of you taken the survey on the COE website?
                      It asks for our opinions.

How about creating some access points (fence step-over ladders).
                      Allow (bow only) night hunting for hogs and coyotes. If we want a healthy deer population let's deal with the invasive hogs that dominate food sources and the predation of deer by coyotes.

Do yall have any other ideas?

There's a link to the survey on the website

Comment

Grapevine Hunting 2022-2023

Originally posted by Larry View Post

I’ll stand corrected on the surveying with corn thing if y’all have actually talked to someone who does it.

Then I’ll add a facepalm for using corn to survey on land that prohibits corn for hunters. Says a lot about how the place is run. The temptation is too strong for some to cheat the system and bait for deer. Spotlight, use your hunter surveys, do anything else you need but don’t freaking bait for them when baiting is illegal for everyone else. I just don’t get it.

Maybe them folks I saw at 4am with crossbows with a bag of corn over their shoulder all those years ago were just doing surveys.

And as to suggestions, yeah. I have.

I don’t quite understand why there is a hog only area to begin with, and secondly, why all the areas listed as CoE property are considered non hunting areas.

People bow hunt college campuses for population control all across the East coast. But are they afraid some idiot is going to slock a hiker? If that’s the case, require Bowhunters Ed certification for a permit and have a qualifier like Hagerman used to.
                        Last edited by Kirby86; 11-30-2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

The plan is coming together for 2023. Survey feeders gonna be the rage. The uniform will be key.

“How you doing? I’m just out here filling our survey feeder. Nothing to see here. Move along.”

Comment

Next time I’m out I’ll take a photo of one still out there that has been damaged, there is even a sign next to it saying who it belongs to.

Pretty sure other USACE land in the area allows hand spreading, not sure why they don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by JD81 View Post
                              Next time I’m out I’ll take a photo of one still out there that has been damaged, there is even a sign next to it saying who it belongs to.

Pretty sure other USACE land in the area allows hand spreading, not sure why they don’t.

Yes, pic of the feeder and the sign. That’ll help me build my replicas more accurately. Thanks!

Comment

The plan is coming together for 2023. Survey feeders gonna be the rage. The uniform will be key.

“How you doing? I’m just out here filling our survey feeder. Nothing to see here. Move along.”

Only thing wrong with that attire is the boots. I wear rubber boots. And no badge. You can ask my local boys about me running through briers in shorts and rubber boots.

Comment

Working...
                                X