12’ or 15’ Batwing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12’ or 15’ Batwing??

Is there a big difference in the 15’ or 12’ bat wings? I currently have a 70hp and will be going bigger down the road but, until that time happens I want to get a bigger mower.

I’m looking at the Modern Ag galvanized mowers.

It's about 36" difference.

Comment

It’s 1/4 bigger. That’s a significant amount of time annually

Comment

Go 15' w/o a doubt. You have enough to pull in lighter grass but you can either lift it up, or slow down in heavy grass. Once you have a bigger tractor you will be very glad you got the 15'. 15s are generally heavier built as well. bigger hp gear boxes etc..

Comment

I went from a 10' to a 15', and the time savings was significant.

Comment

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
            It's about 36" difference.
            Lol, you sure?

Comment

I’ve got a 5’ modern ag galvanized deck. It’s a beast & that deck is heavy duty.
              Doesn’t answer your question but wanted to throw that out there they are solid mowers

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                I’ve got a 5’ modern ag galvanized deck. It’s a beast & that deck is heavy duty.
                Doesn’t answer your question but wanted to throw that out there they are solid mowers
                I second this I have a 10’ modern ag, great shredders, consider when purchasing!

Comment

15’ might bog you down some on a 70hp.

I do most of my bush hogging with a 5093 but it seems like it drags a little bit in thick stuff with a 15’, which is all I’ll use for times sake.

I use an older 4055 sometimes and it pulls a 15’ bush hog alot better in my opinion.

If you’re really not doing just a ton, a 12’ would be just fine.

Comment

12’ or 15’ Batwing??

Go 15’ all day!

My 70hp Kubota pulls 15’ great even in super thick stuff

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Go 15’ all day!

My 70hp Kubota pulls 15’ great even in super thick stuff
                      same here...it will run all day, in thicker stuff shift down a gear until you clear it

Comment

I’d go 15 as well. Big difference when you have a lot you need to cut.

Comment

I’ve got the modern ag 15 and highly recommend it but be careful with lighter tractors, it is heavy. I pull it with a case maxxum 115 4wd. The horsepower isn’t an issue but the weight of the tractor pulling it.

Comment

I’ve got an old modern almost 20 yrs old great mower. But I can’t tell you this I wouldn’t buy any of them unless it’s a dome deck model. I know rhino and deer have them. Super easy to clean.

You have figure you are losing 1-2ft of overlap so I would go 15!

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorControl View Post
                              I’ve got the modern ag 15 and highly recommend it but be careful with lighter tractors, it is heavy. I pull it with a case maxxum 115 4wd. The horsepower isn’t an issue but the weight of the tractor pulling it.
                              Yup you ain’t gunna Back it up a sandy hill with a 2nd 70hp. If yours is 4wd you will be ok. They are HEAVY!

Comment

Working...
                              X