Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scallorn

Comment

A friend found this one while tilling a garden a few weeks ago in Rusk (Cherokee county).
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Let me guess... they are building on a nice knoll above a spring fed creek.
        close! a ridge with creeks on 2 sides
        angelina not far away

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
          A friend found this one while tilling a garden a few weeks ago in Rusk (Cherokee county).
          Ttt. Anyone have any info on the age, or tribe of this head?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
            Ttt. Anyone have any info on the age, or tribe of this head?
            Yeah it's dinged up some but its a middle archaic point. 4000 years give or take a thousand.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
              Any idea on this one?
              Cool little ensor

Comment

Most likely Caddo or Cherokee. There is a historic marker somewhere across the hwy. from Tractor Supply in Henderson that has a lot of information on it. The marker used to be across the street from my grandparents' house when I was a kid. I don't recall which tribe but was one of the above. I'll try and locate it and let you know.

Comment

Yeah it's dinged up some but its a middle archaic point. 4000 years give or take a thousand.
                  Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                  Most likely Caddo or Cherokee. There is a historic marker somewhere across the hwy. from Tractor Supply in Henderson that has a lot of information on it. The marker used to be across the street from my grandparents' house when I was a kid. I don't recall which tribe but was one of the above. I'll try and locate it and let you know.
                  Thank you! His wife and kids were excited about finding it. A little history will make it much cooler.

Comment

Found these this morning and they are the first artifacts I’ve ever found. It’s our first year on this lease in Webb county and I am excited to find some more. Any info y’all could provide would be appreciated since I am brand new to this. Found the two points and the tool on the right in about a 20’ circle. [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                      Found these this morning and they are the first artifacts I’ve ever found. It’s our first year on this lease in Webb county and I am excited to find some more. Any info y’all could provide would be appreciated since I am brand new to this. Found the two points and the tool on the right in about a 20’ circle. [IMG][/IMG]
                      First three are probably tortugas. 2000ish years old. Not sure what I'm looking at on the last item. Maybe some different angles?

Comment

First three are probably tortugas. 2000ish years old. Not sure what I'm looking at on the last item. Maybe some different angles?
                        Thanks for the info Garguy, I appreciate it.

Comment

i finally had a chance to do a little digging the other day. I scored on a nice sinker.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	24686126

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6330.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	24686127

Comment

Is that a sand dollar pattern on the sinker?

Comment

Son of a gun! They centered that fossil on the waco sinker! That's an interesting piece

Comment

Oh man. That is a cool sinker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X