Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
    I was told the idea behind e-postcard hunts was to reduce costs to TPWD by not having staff on-site each day of the hunt.

The e-postcard archery hunt I was drawn for last year had a mandatory orientation with the biologist on day 1. He showed us how to check-in and record data off any deer that were shot, then he took off.
    Folks at Nannie Stringfellow WMA said they went to E-Postcard so they could take standbys and not have to accept cash. They weren't set up for credit cards. E-postcard hunts are free if you have the annual permit. Nannie said they used to accept cash from standbys under the regular draw hunts but were audited and told it was against policy for them to handle cash. Another reason for this category I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
      I just checked my PP from last year and instead of getting of getting 1 PP for both

Gun antler-less/spike
      Gun Either sex

They gave me a PP for the youth categories which i didn't apply for. Has anyone had this happen and who are you supposed to call to fix it? I didnt see a phone number
      Try emailing license@tpwd.texas.gov

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
        Will do appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
          How does this work? Do they have a Ranger go and sit with you? They let you hunt a protected compound or somethin?
          I drew the Dimmitt Playa pheasant/waterfowl hunt a couple years ago. That specific site was so far away from the closest office that they just sent me a packet of information about it (map, parking, etc.) and basically said "here's all the info., send us a report with pics when you leave." The lady I spoke with was really nice, they allowed me to go up a day early to scout it out, but couldn't provide any kind of updates on water levels or anything, just the reports of the previous hunters.

The hunt area itself is supposed to be protected, but the poaching is bad up there (she even told me it was), so it's not really "protected." We had a guy that showed up to poach while we were there. When he finally saw my truck he turned around, got back in his truck, and sped off. Let her and GW know but he was in a different part of the county so I'm sure they didn't catch him. With all the empty shell hulls we saw, it gets hit much harder than the couple weekends they open it up to the public hunts.

Nobody to sit with you, no orientation or check-in or anything, and not really protected either

Comment

Good ol poachers ^

Comment

Drew powderhorn last year after quite a dry spell. It was an epic hunt and can’t wait for
              This years draws going to put in for all the usuals

Comment

I drew LRGV NWA and they didn’t have orientation or anyone on site other than a federal GW who passed through a couple of times. So they don’t have to be e-postcard to operate like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've read up on it and looked threw the FAQ I've never drawn for a hunt but wat to put in this year is there anything I need to know or do any advice yall could spare on a fellow hunter?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CherokeeATX View Post
                    I've read up on it and looked threw the FAQ I've never drawn for a hunt but wat to put in this year is there anything I need to know or do any advice yall could spare on a fellow hunter?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                    Apply often and have patience! I've been applying for about 10 years and have drawn 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      i'm guessing 50/50 that they host the hunts this year due to covid. let's see what happens, i hope they do and i always apply. maybe another mule deer this year if i'm really lucky.
                      This, the way the state parks re-acted be prepared if drawn for hunts to be cancelled and points to be restored just the reality of the situation. You will get you permit fee back but not your entry fees, I'm also hearing there will probably be no standbys spots this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        This, the way the state parks re-acted be prepared if drawn for hunts to be cancelled and points to be restored just the reality of the situation. You will get you permit fee back but not your entry fees, I'm also hearing there will probably be no standbys spots this year.
                        Yep, I also bet they cut down on the number of groups drawn per hunt to minimize the amount of people contact. Might only see 1 or 2 groups drawn per hunt period.

Comment

I’m in for drawing...I see it as an opportunity to experience an otherwise inaccessible hunting area. May the odds be ever in your favor...

Comment

What did Texans do before TP&W draw hunts were started?

Comment

Found a tree and sat down with a bow or rifle.

Comment

They look to be open now?

Comment

Working...
                                X