Moving Feeder Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Feeder Questions

I have 2 lanes that have had corn and protein being fed for the past 8 months. I have deer that come daily to both, morning and evening. I just found that there is a month long (at least) logging project that will start in the next week. I have to move the feeders and my cameras.

The question is

1. Do I just put them away and wait until the logging is done and put them back in the same spot.

or

2. Move them to the other side of the lease (320 acres total) where there is no logging activity and continue to feed and then move back to original spot when logging is done.

or something else? I have stands on those lanes so want to move back after logging is done.

I'd move them and keep feeding so you can hunt over them

Comment

How long is the logging going on. Id move the feeders. The deer are going to move too when the logging action starts.

Comment

Move and brush in some ground blinds in the new spot.

Comment

I’d take it DONT so it didn’t get tore up and pile corn in the same place. There will be more deer in the cut timber and the standing woods!

Comment

move em, fill em, hunt em

Comment

I’d move just far enough away to allow room for the project and run them there until January. Move back to your spot after that. Find some acorns and hang a tree stand for this year.

Comment

Working...
              X