Snakes This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snakes This Year

Are you guys/gals seeing many snakes this year? I'm not seeing nearly as many as last year. Wonder if the freeze killed a lot of them or if all the rain has them staying close to "home" and not moving around a much.. We would of normally seen 15-20 at the ranch but have only seen 3. Same at the house. Last year I already killed 4-5 copperheads by now. This year none!

Think we are up to 9 rattlers at the lease this year so far. Most of those in the last month. 3 corals at the house but other than that haven't seen to many.

Comment

I have seen 5 rattlesnakes so far this year. I usually see about that many every year so I’m not seeing any fewer. I will say that they seemed to move later this spring than they normally do.

Comment

Lot more vegetation to hide in!

Comment

Not many rattle bugs, but lots of prairie racers. Maybe coach whips is the proper terminology.

Comment

So far zero snakes. Every year, of the three we have lived here, we had seen copper heads, rat snakes, garter snakes, coach whips and then I found some other snake I still don't know what it was. This year none, so far, the weed are thick and tall, we have to keep cutting the grass every other week, with all the rain. Possibly with the extra thick and tall weeds, I just can't see them.

I have seen two tarantulas, which I had not idea, we had in the area, not seen any till this year, then saw two inside of two weeks.

Comment

I saw many more the Last couple years than this year.

Comment

yep got buzzed by 3 this weekend all at feeders and all in the tall grass around them.
                Attached Files

Comment

Snakes, lizards, and tree frogs must have taken a big hit from the freeze in my parts because I haven't seen hardly any around my place. I am normally covered up in them.

Comment

Snakes This Year

We are at 7 dead rattlers since Jan 1. We might kill 3-4 a year normally.

Comment

I’ve seen a lot of snakes this year. Only one venomous, it was a Copperhead.

Comment

I’ve not seen one in my pond this year. Usually kill a half dozen or so, but haven’t even seen any this year. That’s OK with me !

Comment

Just started seeing some in the last two weeks. Rattler, racer, and a bull snake

Comment

You must've missed that video...

Someone recorded the ongoings at the portal to hell.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by ctom87; 07-11-2021, 09:10 PM.

Comment

We are on our second year at our new place. Didn't see any rattlers last year and I've killed 13 since May 5th.

Comment

Working...
                              X