Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there...

A TBH like forum for ARs?

I'm wanting one. I have more questions than answers.

Or should I start or has one been started.

ar15.com

Comment

Is there...

There is a wealth of information here. Just ask.

Also if you want less mall ninja stuff than ar15.com and more concise information go to m4carbine.net.

Have thick skin when you go. Those guys are serious.

Comment

Ask away. Alot of knowledge around the campfire

Comment

I'd ask here. Some of those other sites mentioned already can be pretty rough on newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            There is a wealth of information here. Just ask.

Also if you want less mall ninja stuff than ar15.com and more concise information go to m4carbine.net.

Have thick skin when you go. Those guys are serious.
            He ain't lying! Those guys are tough!

Comment

"The other side of the ranch" forum is all about firearms. Search there and post a new thread there if needed.

Comment

ar15.com can be very harsh at times. I agree, there are a lot of members here that would be glad to help you here. I myself am no expert, but own a LWRC and Colt HBAR and well the military has allowed me to play with a bunch

Comment

The Other Side of the Ranch

Comment

Skip arfcom. Here or M4carbine

Comment

Why in the world would you want one of THOSE weapons for?????

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                        Why in the world would you want one of THOSE weapons for?????

Comment

I've already searched in Around The Campfire.

Being a former Jarhead I'm familiar with the M16A1. Granted that was 20 years ago

Comment

Well crud.
                            Shot my 30-30 Saturday for the first time.
                            I'm not sure it was such a good idea.
                            I had the ship bite sighted, intended on sighting it in. The range didn't let me shout it at 25 yards. I tried it on the 100 yard line. Didn't work so well. I kept flicking when the other 4-5 shooters around me fired. I couldn't get comfortable, the ship was mounted too high, couldn't get a good consistent cheek weld. I shot 43 rounds of those 6 didn't fire, even though they had during pin marks on the primers. I dislike that, having to wait in case it's a slow cooker.
                            There was other issues as well. Last round got caught up under they bolt, took me guessing 10 minutes to get it out. Casing was marred up and had a dent.
                            I took it inside the gun shop wondering if they had a gunsmith that could look at it and see what was wrong if anything. The owner looked at it and said that those are common issues for that brand gun.
                            I'm at a loss as to what to do.
                            My wife got mad cause I was clearing it in the living room, she doesn't like the smell of Hoppes..

I'm feeling very let down right now.
                            I was all excited that this was going to be a great pig and deer slayer. Been sticking up on ammo. I have 140 Hornady leverlution 160 grain round fit it. Thinking that'd last me a year or so :-)

Comment

AR... Then 30-30.. what went wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X