Bullets???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullets???????????

I have been looking for certain bullets for over a year, it long ago got very ridiculous. I know most people have long ago figured this out, but I am still wonder where all of the bullets are going. I have given up on Berger, I don't know who they are actually selling their bullets to, but I am sure they are not selling the many tons of bullets they are producing to US companies that sell bullets to the public. I am absolutely sure of that. They keep lying to me, telling me they are shipping out tons of bullets blah blah blah. I have rifles in many calibers. I do searches for bullets all the time, in many calibers. 80% of the time what I find is Hornady, always Hornady bullets I would not use if someone gave to me. The few Hornady bullets that I have found are good bullets, I have not found in stock anywhere since this deal started, just like Berger bullets.

Without question, Berger lies about who they are selling their bullets to and or where those tons of bullets are going. The guy that answers the phone every time, says he does not know where the bullets are going, only sales would know that info. So he works for a company and does not know who their good customers are or who their best customers are? I have never worked in sales, and every company I have ever worked for, I knew who our customers were. Then I always get these stories of what bullets they are in the process of making, what bullets are up next to be made and when they last made the bullets I have been looking for. Then I have been told to click on those notify me when the produce is available, deals. I have clicked on the notify when when the product become available so many times, with so many companies. To this day, the only times I have gotten a email on any of those products, were some AR barrels from one company and then, those M1 carbines, that Midway had for a short time, just recently. The 30 different bullets I have clicked to notify me when available from Midway, I have not gotten a single email on any of those bullets, nor from any of the other companies.

Hornady has definitely been kicking out bullets and getting them into retailers. Sierra has been getting a few bullets in a some calibers to retailers. There are some in what they are getting out that have been useful to me, but most of the Sierra bullets that I have been using, are not in stock anywhere. Speer is also getting some bullets to retailers, but seems to be quite a bit less than what Sierra is getting to retailers.

Barnes and Berry's have been getting quite a few bullets out. Of the Barnes that would work for some of my guns, I have not been able to find anywhere, the solid copper stuff I have found quite a bit of. I just started seeing a few Swift bullets available, I have found Swift bullets at a few different retailers.

Nosler has a few choices out, in a multiple calibers, I would guess about 1/8 of the selection that would have existed two years ago. I am guessing most of what Lehigh Defense makes, is available. Then I have found some small specialty companies that make stuff I have never heard of. I am also seeing Lapua bullets, which before this whole mess started, I did not know Lapua made bullets. Been thinking about trying some, but so far, the vague descriptions I have found on the Lapua bullets I have found, they seem to be target bullets.

I have found a small amount of Winchester, Remington and Federal bullets listed for sale. I have never seen Federal bullets listed for sale anywhere in the past. I have seen Remington bullets sold in bulk, maybe Winchester bullets. Mainly Remington and Winchester brass.

I have found pretty good selections of bullets in Australia and Canada. Really gets me fired up when I find so many places in Canada with very big selections of bullets, powders and primers. I was searching for a specific bullet last night and finally had a company's web site pop up with that bullet in stock, they are in England of all places. How are there center fire rifle bullets available in England and not here?

In my searches this one company pops up every once in a while, they go by the name Raniersec, every time I click on their site, it opens very slow and then looks like you are clicking on some liberal BS page. In the description of everyone of the bullets I have looked at on their site. The description starts off with "These are bullet tips NOT complete rounds". That sounds very much like it was written by someone who knows nothing of guns, ammo, firearms. I finally did a search on them. A bunch of stuff popped up on them being a complete scam. Which I figured, they are often the only company that lists a specific bullet I am looking for, then the price is always very good. I was very leery of them from the first time I got one of their pages to open up.

Then I found a place called Rebel Gun Works, at first I thought I had hit the secret stash of bullets. Then I saw their prices, then there were other things, that make me very leery of them being a complete scam. Don't remember what I saw that made me think scam web site, but I was pretty sure they are, I am usually correct. I have not looked them up, to see what is people have to say about them. Their prices are insanely high.

Other things I have found, don't waste your time trying to use Gun Bot, it's a complete joke. it will only show the same five different companies, and about 90% of what Gun Bot claims those companies have, they don't have. I am 90% sure those companies are paying Gun Bot to send people to them. The companies on that list are Cabela's, Natchez, AIG, Powder Valley, then one or two more companies. Those are the only companies that will show up on Gun Bot.

I have found Ammo Seek to be a good source of finding things, what is listed on their site as being available, usually is available, for the price they show for that product, through that company.
    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-03-2021, 08:24 AM.

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    I have been looking for certain bullets for over a year, it long ago got very ridiculous. I know most people have long ago figured this out, but I am still wonder where all of the bullets are going. I have given up on Berger, I don't know who they are actually selling their bullets to, but I am sure they are not selling the many tons of bullets they are producing to US companies that sell bullets to the public. I am absolutely sure of that. They keep lying to me, telling me they are shipping out tons of bullets blah blah blah. I have rifles in many calibers. I do searches for bullets all the time, in many calibers. 80% of the time what I find is Hornady, always Hornady bullets I would not use if someone gave to me. The few Hornady bullets that I have found are good bullets, I have not found in stock anywhere since this deal started, just like Berger bullets.

Without question, Berger lies about who they are selling their bullets to and or where those tons of bullets are going. The guy that answers the phone every time, says he does not know where the bullets are going, only sales would know that info. So he works for a company and does not know who their good customers are or who their best customers are? I have never worked in sales, and every company I have ever worked for, I knew who our customers were. Then I always get these stories of what bullets they are in the process of making, what bullets are up next to be made and when they last made the bullets I have been looking for. Then I have been told to click on those notify me when the produce is available, deals. I have clicked on the notify when when the product become available so many times, with so many companies. To this day, the only times I have gotten a email on any of those products, were some AR barrels from one company and then, those M1 carbines, that Midway had for a short time, just recently. The 30 different bullets I have clicked to notify me when available from Midway, I have not gotten a single email on any of those bullets, nor from any of the other companies.

Hornady has definitely been kicking out bullets and getting them into retailers. Sierra has been getting a few bullets in a some calibers to retailers. There are some in what they are getting out that have been useful to me, but most of the Sierra bullets that I have been using, are not in stock anywhere. Speer is also getting some bullets to retailers, but seems to be quite a bit less than what Sierra is getting to retailers.

Barnes and Berry's have been getting quite a few bullets out. Of the Barnes that would work for some of my guns, I have not been able to find anywhere, the solid copper stuff I have found quite a bit of. I just started seeing a few Swift bullets available, I have found Swift bullets at a few different retailers.

Nosler has a few choices out, in a multiple calibers, I would guess about 1/8 of the selection that would have existed two years ago. I am guessing most of what Lehigh Defense makes, is available. Then I have found some small specialty companies that make stuff I have never heard of. I am also seeing Lapua bullets, which before this whole mess started, I did not know Lapua made bullets. Been thinking about trying some, but so far, the vague descriptions I have found on the Lapua bullets I have found, they seem to be target bullets.

I have found a small amount of Winchester, Remington and Federal bullets listed for sale. I have never seen Federal bullets listed for sale anywhere in the past. I have seen Remington bullets sold in bulk, maybe Winchester bullets. Mainly Remington and Winchester brass.

I have found pretty good selections of bullets in Australia and Canada. Really gets me fired up when I find so many places in Canada with very big selections of bullets, powders and primers. I was searching for a specific bullet last night and finally had a company's web site pop up with that bullet in stock, they are in England of all places. How are there center fire rifle bullets available in England and not here?

In my searches this one company pops up every once in a while, they go by the name Raniersec, every time I click on their site, it opens very slow and then looks like you are clicking on some liberal BS page. When I click on a link for them, for a specific bullet and the page opens up. Then in the description, it starts off with "These are bullet tips NOT complete rounds" That sounds very much like it was written by someone who knows nothing of guns, ammo, firearms. I finally did a search on them. A bunch of stuff popped up on them being a complete scam. Which I figured, they are often the only company that lists a specific bullet I am looking for, then the price is always very good. I was very leery of them from the first time I got one of their pages to open up.

Then I found a place called Rebel Gun Works, at first I thought I had hit the secret stash of bullets. Then I saw their prices, then there were other things, that make me very leery of them being a complete scam. Don't remember what, I have not looked them up. Their prices are insanely high.

Other things I have found, don't waste your time trying to use Gun Bot, it's a complete joke. it will only show the same five different companies, and about 90% of what Gun Bot claims those companies have, they don't have. I am 90% sure those companies are paying Gun Bot to send people to them. The companies on that list are Cabela's, Natchez, AIG, Powder Valley, then one or two more companies. Those are the only companies that will show up on Gun Bot.

I have found Ammo Seek to be a good source of finding things, what is listed on their site as being available, usually is available, for the price they show for that product, through that company.
    With another lock down most likely on the way, it's only gonna get worse...
    Currently no end in sight.

Comment

They have a pretty good explanation on their website...
      "The firearms industry, and ammunition specifically, is very susceptible to market fluctuations. Every few years demand drastically increases for a few months at a time, usually due to worries about regulations or because of other such issues. “Ramping up production numbers” isn’t a flip a switch solution for high quality manufacturers, it requires significant investments in machinery and weeks-months of training new employees. If a company makes a lot of investments in increasing production numbers, then the market goes back to it’s normal state (as it always does), then they’ll be in a particularly bad position. Over the past decade, we’ve seen many companies that were extremely well known go bankrupt from this exact practice. Seeking short term wins without thinking about long term stability. We believe in responsible long term growth, without any compromises to product quality. So during these high demand times, we will generally increase production numbers by increasing production hours/shifts, but our products might still be hard to find. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to fill demand, after all, that’s what we are in business to do!"

My suggestion, find a place that accepts backorders and place an order. at least then you will be "in line". I have ammo backorders that are 15+ months old, I cannot imagine how big the line is on some of this stuff and how long it will take for them to fill all the orders.

Comment

Could you PM me your Berger contact. Thank you.

Comment

What Bergers are you looking for? I may have a few extras on hand.

Comment

Beware of the scammers in and around Houston. There are a couple down there I just recently heard about. There are several online ammo retailers that are total scammers. Any of them that shows to have about everything you look up in stock are suspect. Dowdle is one and there are many others all around the country. Any of them that won't take credit cards and want direct bank transfers or debit card you need to run from.

Comment

Nosler is killing me. PM me what bergers you need.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                With another lock down most likely on the way, it's only gonna get worse...
                Currently no end in sight.
                Who said anything about a lockdown? Fauci said the exact opposite.

Comment

Berger is selling bullets to the high volume shooters that aren't loading a box or two a year.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Who said anything about a lockdown? Fauci said the exact opposite.
                    Lol, "Fauci said", that's hilarious

Comment

FYI I scored a brick of federal 215Ms today. Things are looking way up for the better. I’ve seen tons of stuff in stock that has been missing for months.
                      Last edited by trophy8; 08-03-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I have been happy with dead hogs from Lapua Scenar bullets both boiler room shots and head shots of course in the 6.5-284 and 7mm-08. I actually prefer them to Bergers for hunting. Accuracy wise they are on par in those rifles with the Bergers as well.

Blems of different Nosler bullets show up fairly often on https://www.shootersproshop.com/nosl...d-bullets.html

I have shot several hundred of those 129gr ABLR in the Grendels without any issues.

Times like this suck but one learns to stock up in the good times if you can. Seems like the bad times for ammo are coming around more often than ever.

I learned years ago when Clinton did the Brady bill and such to have a good stock on hand and have not been low on about anything since then. Good times stock up and coast through the bad. Primers and bullets will keep a long time is stored properly. i have used primers that were marked 75 cents for 100 in the last few years and they still shot great.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Beware of the scammers in and around Houston. There are a couple down there I just recently heard about. There are several online ammo retailers that are total scammers. Any of them that shows to have about everything you look up in stock are suspect. Dowdle is one and there are many others all around the country. Any of them that won't take credit cards and want direct bank transfers or debit card you need to run from.
                          Yep, I almost paid Dowdle for some bullets, a few nights ago, then decided things look too suspicious. Then looked them up, before I paid. Saw their reviews, and complaints and stopped the transaction immediately.

Yes, you are correct on that, if they show to have most everything in stock that nobody else has, it's a scam. That Raniersec, every time I have punched in the info for a specific bullet, their site pops up. They always show the bullet to be in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                            I have been happy with dead hogs from Lapua Scenar bullets both boiler room shots and head shots of course in the 6.5-284 and 7mm-08. I actually prefer them to Bergers for hunting. Accuracy wise they are on par in those rifles with the Bergers as well.

Blems of different Nosler bullets show up fairly often on https://www.shootersproshop.com/nosl...d-bullets.html

I have shot several hundred of those 129gr ABLR in the Grendels without any issues.

Times like this suck but one learns to stock up in the good times if you can. Seems like the bad times for ammo are coming around more often than ever.

I learned years ago when Clinton did the Brady bill and such to have a good stock on hand and have not been low on about anything since then. Good times stock up and coast through the bad. Primers and bullets will keep a long time is stored properly. i have used primers that were marked 75 cents for 100 in the last few years and they still shot great.
                            I had worked up a load I like for my 6.5 Creedmoor with the 140 gr. Elite Hunters, also bought some 140 gr. VLD Hunters at the same time. I could have bought a bunch of both, at the time, but had no idea this BS was coming. I also bought a box of 140 gr Accubonds. Figured I would work with all three, then make a decision on which one I liked the best and then order more of those. I have not had a lot of time to shoot much in the past three years. So right about the time, I got my load figured out for the Creedmoor, is when this crap hit. Shortly after it hit, I started looking for my of those 140 gr. Elite Hunters or the VLD Hunters, none, nowhere. That obviously was over a year ago. Have not shot the gun since.

Two days ago, I saw some of those 129 gr. Accubond Long Range and bought multiple boxes. Figure those will have to do, for a while. Maybe at some point in the future I will find some of the Bergers, but I ain't waiting around holding my breath on that.

One of my other rifles is a wildcat round and it's a AR, so magazine plays a big part in the overall length of the round. The Sierra 130 gr. Gameking, is the way to go with that round. Because of that bullet's short length, it really helps get that round to perform. If you use a more modern bullet, they will be longer, which winds up taking up a lot more of the case capacity. The other bullets guys were trying in that round were something like a 120 or 123 gr. Hornady bullet. I tried some of those and the size of the groups got quite a bit larger. So I dropped that idea quickly and went back to the Gamekings. Speer makes a bullet that is very similar to the Gameking, but I have never found any to compare them to the performance I get from the Gamekings.
                            Try finding 130 gr. Gamekings right now, that's about like finding a 140 gr. Berger Elite Hunter. So basically my to main longer range deer rifles, that I have had loads worked up, and have been ready to go. My other longer range guns, I have not even begun to work on ammo for them.
                            Then my 30-30 carbine, I spent years trying to find a bullet to work in that gun, finally found the 125 gr. Ballistic Tip. They work great. I have not found those in a while, but I don't spend a lot of time looking for them.
                            my other guns are short, big bore calibers. One is a 458 SOCOM, that I worked up a load with 350 gr. Hornady Interlock flat points, then the other is a 445 Super Mag., it's really hard to find good heavier 44 caliber bullets. So it's getting irritating trying to find bullets, for almost everything I own.
                            Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-03-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Nosler is killing me. PM me what bergers you need.
                              This. I don’t reload though. I need the finished product.

Comment

Working...
                              X