Alaska-live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
    Looks to be Crescent lake, I’m sure y’all had a blast. No lakers? Was it too cloudy to see Redoubt?
    Yes, Crescent lake. We caught a few Lakers and dollys while the guide cleaned our sockeyes

Comment

Great pics for sure. Cool pic of mama bear and cubs, and a great stringer of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
        Pic
        We stayed right past this waterfall last year. Beautiful country!

Comment

Halibut was just ok. Started out dead calm. We caught 6 halibut pretty fast.

The wind picked up and we quickly had 4 foot seas. Not fun. We ended up with 9 halibut out of our 12 limit for the boat. Also caught several sharks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Day 4 was great. Fishing for silver salmon.

We did see another bear. This one was aggressive. The guide had to start the jet outboard and spray him to make him leave.

Silver fishing was great and more unbelievable scenery.

Alaska is simply incredible. I will be back
            Attached Files

Comment

Willow creek fish camp. Is where my grandfather had a 40' holiday rambler set up when I was a kid. He worked a week on and a week off, so every other week we were at the camp. That was some great fishing up there. Sure miss it. Beautiful country up there.
              Congrats on the anniversary.

Comment

You hit it perfectly, the fish are thick. I'm not sure how many we got today but the record was 5 consecutive drifts with 5 landed fish.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                  Day 4 was great. Fishing for silver salmon.

We did see another bear. This one was aggressive. The guide had to start the jet outboard and spray him to make him leave.

Silver fishing was great and more unbelievable scenery.

Alaska is simply incredible. I will be back
                  Kustatan?

Your last sentence, you “will be back”. One of those places you can’t just go once, and always seems you never have enough time to spend there. Looks like y’all have been having a blast!

Comment

Thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Awesome trip! Beautiful country...

Comment

My favorite place in the world to go! Didn’t make it this summer but will be there next summer in late July. Evidently the sockeye numbers have rebounded nicely this year? Last year took a little work to get a limit but we got it done. Love Soldotna.

Comment

****ed I miss that. My son is considering working in Alaska for a few years after college.

Comment

Great trip! One of my favorite places on Earth! I'm headed up there on Monday for a week. Will over on the Bristol Bay side fishing for silvers and bows.

This will be my 5th trip....You can't just go once!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              Kustatan?

Your last sentence, you “will be back”. One of those places you can’t just go once, and always seems you never have enough time to spend there. Looks like y’all have been having a blast!
                              Yes. Kustatan

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                                My favorite place in the world to go! Didn’t make it this summer but will be there next summer in late July. Evidently the sockeye numbers have rebounded nicely this year? Last year took a little work to get a limit but we got it done. Love Soldotna.
                                Sockeyes we’re pretty easy. We limited on the lower Kenai in about 30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X