Bad boy buggy issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad boy buggy issues

Brother in law has one that is about 10 years old. Been good until now. Replaced the batteries 2 months ago then while driving one day went through some standing water and it quit. Had a guy look at it that said take it to ez go for a new control board because he could find anything obvious wrong with it. Loaded it up no drove to the nearest ez go dealer and they told him dont even unload it because they were not allowed to fix it and parts were discontinued.

So, you might rethink buying a bad boy next time a good deal comes along

In for this. Got a buddy that has 2 that needs work.

Comment

Any chance you can post a pic of the controller board?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Any chance you can post a pic of the controller board?
        No sir, after ez go said heck no he left it at a mechanic who said he’d try and track one down.
        Not even 100% certain that’s the issue because they would not even touch it to diagnose it.

Comment

I had one that had issues. We have a place that specialize in golf carts, and they told me they wouldn’t touch it. I ended up troubleshooting it on my own, and it was a bad relay. I replaced it, sold the buggy and bought a Ranger.

Comment

Just wait till we are forces to buy $65K Golf Carts. I mean cars....

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              No sir, after ez go said heck no he left it at a mechanic who said he’d try and track one down.
              Not even 100% certain that’s the issue because they would not even touch it to diagnose it.
              👍🏼

If he decides not to get the it fixed I might be interested…. Ask him to try and get a circuit diagram through the manufacture…. While most shops don’t do component level trouble shooting, with the diagram it should be rather simple… even without the diagram it might be possible to troubleshoot the board….

Comment

Here’s where I take mine if I have a problem.
                Longview, Texas best dealer of new and used Golf Cars. Hagler Golf Car World sales new and used EZ-GO, Bad Boy Buggies, Club Cars and more. We also offer golf car accessories, including wheels and tires, lifts, windshields and more.

It’s a 4 hour trip 1 way but he knows them inside and out.

Comment

I have an old original Bad Boy - I think it’s a 2008. I called 2-3 places in Ft Worth and none would touch it - not sure why. We finally found a place in Abilene which is closer to the lease anyway. They’ve fixed it a couple of times.

Comment

I have a close friend that owns a golf car business- when I was looking at the BB buggies he told me to stay clear of them because they are a total PITA and parts are becoming obsolete ( this was 4 yrs ago) they won’t even accept one that needs work anymore and he is a Guru on anything mechanical.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      👍🏼

If he decides not to get the it fixed I might be interested…. Ask him to try and get a circuit diagram through the manufacture…. While most shops don’t do component level trouble shooting, with the diagram it should be rather simple… even without the diagram it might be possible to troubleshoot the board….
                      I’ll let him know

Comment

Working...
                      X