why doesnt anyone want to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Entry level jobs are just that. Heck, I have seen some people work and can confirm they were not worth $9 an hour. People complain that they can't raise their family working at McDonalds etc. Well, those entry level positions don't pay based on the financial needs of the worker--rather on the perceived value of the position/worker.

Don’t be bringing common sense to this discussion or someone’s feelings might get hurt.

But but but everything costs more, just pay more. Business owners should just plant another money tree because nothing is more expensive on their end either right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      You might need to double check the resume, or do more research to see if your expectations are realistic.
      Yeah I get 20-30 applicants on Indeed ads with no experince in any field related to the job posting. Most have never worked outside. They don't get a call. Not wasting my time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Yeah I get 20-30 applicants on Indeed ads with no experince in any field related to the job posting. Most have never worked outside. They don't get a call. Not wasting my time.

Racist against white people I see......

Comment

I’m a fireman and have always worked on my days off from the FD. A couple months ago I saw an ad on Facebook jobs page for a yard hand at a redi mix company. I have some time so I went by there to inquire. $20 and hour to do labor in the yard. I said I’ll take it. I went by the tire / oil change shop a couple days ago and owner said he was 10 people short. Really thought about jumping in on that because he is paying 15 an hour and it’s an inside job.
          Employers have it hard not being able to find anyone wanting to work. You find one…….you better pay them

Comment

Just curious, you guy's that where laid off how much where you collecting? Was it the $900 a week I keep hearing?

Comment

Work ethics are a big part of being raised correctly, spoil your offspring and they don’t want to work, it’s your fault!

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                Let her take my spot. I’ve got deer to shoot, chickens to feed, & a rotary cutter needing attention
                Bubba, I figured you'd see my comment and reply. Don't be mad at me for talking bad about your future secretary.

Comment

The government is trying to establish a guaranteed living wage with the enhanced unemployment benefits and stimulus. It’s working pretty well. You can’t pay under $14 to $15 an hour anymore Only problem is the more money the pump in the more inflation goes up.

Comment

It's a cluster for sure.

My MIL inquired about a one bedroom retirement apartment near Georgetown. Lady told her $1,500 per month. At those prices I wouldn't want to work for $15 per hour either.

The cost of living and wages just aren't calcing out. Not sure what the government can do to fix what they have definitely had a hand, foot, and elbow in messing up.[emoji19]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                      It's a cluster for sure.

My MIL inquired about a one bedroom retirement apartment near Georgetown. Lady told her $1,500 per month. At those prices I wouldn't want to work for $15 per hour either.

The cost of living and wages just aren't calcing out. Not sure what the government can do to fix what they have definitely had a hand, foot, and elbow in messing up.[emoji19]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                      They can end welfare, unemployment, food stamps and every other hand out tomorrow. Along with stop printing money and by god this deal will be fixed in 40 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Eat’em Up View Post
                        The government is trying to establish a guaranteed living wage with the enhanced unemployment benefits and stimulus. It’s working pretty well. You can’t pay under $14 to $15 an hour anymore Only problem is the more money the pump in the more inflation goes up.
                        This right here.

Comment

Maybe they're just students of Tuco. "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?"

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            Maybe they're just students of Tuco. "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?"
                            https://youtu.be/GlA35y0bGQc

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Racist against white people I see......
                              Pretty much. Not the country boys though.

Comment

Most people want a check, not a job.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X