Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyo Task Force - Nonres Comments!

I took this from another forum and changed very little. It takes just a minute to submit your comments.

If you are a concerned Non-Resident and have years of applications and $$$ invested into the Wyo pref pt system, especially for the Big 5 species you can submit comments directly to the Task Force for the July 8th meeting. You must do this by 5:00 pm on July 6th!

The 90:10 split would cut Non-Resident limited tags in 1/2 and require twice as long for ALL Non-Resident to draw tags. For the Big 5 this would likely mean that those that don't have max pts or close to max pts may never draw tags. Non-Residents that have invested years and $$$ into a draw system will suddenly have the light switch flipped off with these changes!

The more Non-Resident willing to comment, the more attention will be given to Non-Resident at this and other meetings!. There are no Non-Resident members on the Task Force even though Non-Resident stand to loose so much with decisions made! Sending comments is the only voice you have unless you attend one of their meetings.

Here's a link to submit your comments: https://sites.google.com/wyo.gov/wyo...e/public-input

As someone that is eight years into buying elk points with several more years to go, doubling the timetable would probably end my dream. Sure hope it doesn’t happen.

Comment

Done. Been buying points. Hope these fools don’t screw up my Wyoming elk dream.

Comment

Well I don't have any preference points, but posted my .02 to let them know its not a good idea to increase resident opportunities at the expense of non-resident tags.

If they go forward with their idea, maybe the non-resident public land owners should petition the Federal Government to take away hunting on half the public land in their state.

Comment

Possible class action seems a likely outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            Well I don't have any preference points, but posted my .02 to let them know its not a good idea to increase resident opportunities at the expense of non-resident tags.

If they go forward with their idea, maybe the non-resident public land owners should petition the Federal Government to take away hunting on half the public land in their state.

Hmmmmm. I don’t know that I have a problem with states taking care of their residents first.

It sucks for those that have spent $$ on non-resident points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It’s not just the non-residents affected. Residents also stand to loose millions in revenue to local hotels, fuel stops, sporting good stores, grocery stores, ect.. from less non-residents coming to the area.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Submitted my feedback and hope that proposal doesn't come to fruition. I've spent 8 years buying preference points and don't want those to go to waste.

Comment

Does not look like it would include elk or deer. Hopefully they leave them alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

New mexico did this years ago.i quit trying to draw in nm.the outfitter I did business with said this sucked and ruined his operations.

Comment

Working...
                    X