Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oOOo the good old Black Panther

Comment

I read an article a long while back that the species' origin was Texas some thousands of years ago. That would be cool to see in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
        I read an article a long while back that the species' origin was Texas some thousands of years ago. That would be cool to see in the wild.
        I only know of one person that I know who has seen one in Texas. He was a federal trapper that died last year. He bayed one with his hounds down around del rio years ago.

Comment

Too many people now

Wish I could have seen a wild one in Texas the past 62 years

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
            I only know of one person that I know who has seen one in Texas. He was a federal trapper that died last year. He bayed one with his hounds down around del rio years ago.
            TPWD says 1940 was the last one but you know how they are. They would deny a sighting if it was happening downtown Austin in view of their windows.

Comment

I believe it was 1946 in Mills County.

TPWD denies everything? So there are black panthers in east Texas? [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                The ranchers out there will be raising hell over that one. Then hunters will be whining that they are going to kill all the deer and elk. Would be interesting, I would not think of that area as being native jaguar habitat, I guess they roam out of the mountains in northern Mexico. A lot of that area, is pretty thick stuff. I would think some areas of Texas would be more likely natural jaguar habitat, than Arizona or New Mexico.
                They once roamed as far north as San Francisco. That being said, this will never happen.

Comment

Working...
                X