You Guys Talked Me Into This .300 AAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and it is rapidly becoming one of my favorite rifles. I sighted it in using Remington OTFB 120 grain ammo I picked up off the shelf. After sight in, the first three shot group was sub MOA. It has next to no recoil and has enough knock down to shoot whatever I need to here at the place. Now I have the bug to build a pistol to carry around in the side x side and it is your fault.

i'm looking at getting into the same boat as you.... getting away from 308 and heading down the 300 road. did you buy or build that one?

Comment

Put a suppressor on it , then you will really love it.

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
        i'm looking at getting into the same boat as you.... getting away from 308 and heading down the 300 road. did you buy or build that one?
        Just bought a Hardened Arms Upper and put it on a DPMS lower with a custom trigger. It has a model 1 scope mount and a Nikon 2-7.
        I used the bolt carrier group and charging handle out of one of my other rifles.

Last edited by wilded; 10-31-2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I bought a 300 BO rifle a couple month ago, and it shoots scary accurate with that Remington ammo too. I was considering reloading for it, but now, I'm having trouble justifying it.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
            I bought a 300 BO rifle a couple month ago, and it shoots scary accurate with that Remington ammo too. I was considering reloading for it, but now, I'm having trouble justifying it.
            But I still need a good deer hunting load for it. It just don't think that OTFB bullet will perform well on game. Do you know what it is like on game? Thanks, ET

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
              But I still need a good deer hunting load for it. It just don't think that OTFB bullet will perform well on game. Do you know what it is like on game? Thanks, ET
              The only thing I plan to shoot with mine is hogs and (if the opportunity arises) coyotes , and I figure the factory ammo will suffice for that for sure.

You may want to seek advice on hunting bullet choices on 300blktalk.com.

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post

Would I shoot it at a deer? Maybe. .. if i had to. anything else. You'll be ok.

Comment

Check Dallas Reloads...he has several super and subsonic loads for the .300. I've bought ammo for my Creedmoor from Chad and its quality ammo. He's loading up some subsonics and 125 SST for the .300 upper I just bought as well.

Comment

It was not subsonic!!!! Loud!

Comment

Start reloading for it to really make it shine. The Barnes 110 Tac-TX bullet is probably the best hunting bullet available right now.

Comment

It was not subsonic!!!! Loud!

Yea those may be subs through a 9" bbl but they are super through a 16. Corbon and Hornady are both sub

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                          Yea those may be subs through a 9" bbl but they are super through a 16. Corbon and Hornady are both sub

Are the hornady, the 208 a-max?

Comment

Are the hornady, the 208 a-max?

Yessir

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                              Yessir

Thanks, I'll give those a try. I sure hope it's a better outcome than the Remington's

Comment

Working...
                              X