Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
    hows the arrows flying for you sir...
    sorry to hear about the Maine bear. I was rootin for ya...
    Arrows are flying great. I've taken 5 pigs and I deer with them.

Comment

Become proficient enough with my little Browning Nomad to feel comfortable and ethical in a tree stand or ground blind before the end of the 2018 season. Got a couple places with plenty of does that would give me a shot at 20 or less. Practice, practice, practice....

Comment

Just keep shooting. However I'll tell you from personal experience if you try to soon it can be gut wrenching.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybird840 View Post
          Become proficient enough with my little Browning Nomad to feel comfortable and ethical in a tree stand or ground blind before the end of the 2018 season. Got a couple places with plenty of does that would give me a shot at 20 or less. Practice, practice, practice....
          Stick with the “less”! I can’t tell you the last time I have shot a live deer at 20yds, and could count the number of times I have on one hand with a few fingers left over!!!!

And good luck!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Stick with the “less”![B] I can’t tell you the last time I have shot a live deer at 20yds, and could count the number of times I have on one hand with a few fingers left over!!!!
            [/B]
            And good luck!!!

Bisch
            Good advice here^^^
            10 to 15 yards is much safer. Part of the fun to me is getting that close to them.

Comment

Coming to the game a little late, new to the forum but found this thread so thought I would post up my goals and progress:
              1. Start shooting trad --> Done
              2. Learn the ins and outs of tuning a bow and become proficient to a minimum distance of 20 yards --> done
              3. Harvest a Colorado DIY OTC Elk --> Didn't happen this year
              4. Harvest a Deer whitetail or muley buck or doe with the stick --> Pending
              5. Have a great time and meet some awesome people in the process --> Complete and Ongoing!

The trad community is an awesome one and I have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far and look forward to many adventures with a stick in my hand.

matt

Comment

Welcome to the fire, Matt!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Welcome to the fire, Matt!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  x2!!!

Comment

Get over missing a big arse WY bugling bull!!!! Anything after that is gravy. I'll keep shooting little west Texas whitetails and try again after mule deer in AZ in January.

Comment

Welcome MAtt

Comment

Get the 1st deer. This is my 2nd year to hunt with a bow.

Comment

Just starting out, haven't shot a recurve in over 30 years. Would like to get proficient enough to hunt next year.

Comment

Tag

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                              I want to post 18 trad kills on this thread for 2018! Not counting rabbits, squirrels, fish, and raccoons. Not likely but maybe I’ll get lucky!
                              I’d also like to get back to shooting 3D well. I’ve had some issues with accuracy and consistency shooting 3D over the last few years and feel like it may be coming back. I hope so!

Done! #18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                                Done! #18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                attaboy

Comment

Working...
                                X