Elk Jewelry for my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Jewelry for my wife

Thought I’d share on here bc some of you may enjoy.

So a few years ago my wife had a necklace made for me by her cousin that is a sterling silver arrow head with the ivory tooth inset and my birth stone. It was the first bull I had ever killed and I did it with my bow. I wear it daily and rarely take it off. It’s a special piece to me and even more so since her cousin was killed in a motorcycle accident.

Last year my wife harvested her first bull/elk and did so with her bow. It took two years and miles and miles of hiking but we got it done! She’s now entered in the PY books as well with her bull.

Well, it was time for me to rerun the favor. I wanted to keep it kinda small, dainty, simple but rustic and keep the same “theme” so to speak with the arrow head. With some collaborating and design modification help from one of her uncles that’s a jeweler we came up with this. The arrow heads are gold and molded from an arrow head that was actually napped specifically for this piece. The ivory is inset into the gold with her birthstone on one and mine on the other. The wire band is sterling silver and I had the Bible verse Genesis 27:3 put on the underside of one of the arrow heads. Im excited to give it to her and will soon. Our 4 year anniversary is June 2 and seeing as how we are soon to start a family I went ahead and had this done before the expense of kids. Hope you all enjoy the piece as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You outdid yourself there. That looks sharp!

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post

Thanks! I know she will like it. Still doesn’t change the fact that I hope she likes it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
        No kidding! Future anniversaries will be hard to top.

Comment

Well done sir!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Supercool.

Comment

Nice, she will love it!

I had some earrings made for my squaw a few years back. They’re nothing fancy just buglers with silver caps that have a little bit of scroll work on the caps.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                Nice, she will love it!

I had some earrings made for my squaw a few years back. They’re nothing fancy just buglers with silver caps that have a little bit of scroll work on the caps.

I was considering ear rings but my wife mainly wears stud earrings and complains when she wears anything else bc her ears will hurt from the weight. Thought of a necklace but that’s only one tooth which would be fine. So, went with a bracelet since she only has two. And come to think of it, I have her both of those. Lol

Comment

who did the work? I've got about 7 sets between wife and I I'd like to do something with

Comment

That is really nice!

Comment

Elk Jewelry for my wife

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                      who did the work? I've got about 7 sets between wife and I I'd like to do something with

This was my wife’s uncle. He is a jeweler in San Antonio Texas and A third generation jeweler. Their family had jewelry stores in San Antonio for about 100 years. They just closed their last store (family owned) but uncle Aaron still works as a jeweler for himself.

I can get you his contact info if you’d like. I designed the piece myself. He tweaked the design and made suggestions of material. I was thinking white gold on the band but he was the one that suggested sterling silver for durability. Also was thinking a more polished gold look on the arrow heads and he was the one that suggested not polishing to a shine to give it an aged look and more representative of a flint arrow head.

Last edited by DapperDan; 05-25-2022, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Looks nice

Comment

Outstanding sir,u did good!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent !!....
                            Good goi'n....

Comment

Really Cool

Comment

Working...