new f150 tonneau cover recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally got my new truck in ... and now i need a tonneau cover for it ...
    it's an f150 with the 5.5ft bed ... any recommendations ?

i really don't like the floppy canvas with velcro ... but this bed is super short and i don't want to lose too much real estate ...

anyone has one and like it that they would recommend looking into ?

thank!

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

i really don't like the floppy canvas with velcro ... but this bed is super short and i don't want to lose too much real estate ...

thank!
    I had the bakflip and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

thank!
      I have a tri fold that uses quick release clamps to hold in place.

Comment

I put a Diamondback on my 250 this weekend. Coming from an 8’ bed I didn’t want to give up too much space with the short bed 250, so this made a lot of sense to me. I can strap gear and coolers on top if I’m short of space underneath.

Comment

The Bakflip in my opinion is overpriced for what it is. Local dealer here in huntsville was charging little over $900 for it. They sell tons of them and are a good product. Just overpriced. I ended up with the Rough Country hard tri-fold for $630. Its aluminum with drains in the track. Has a clean look and is by far cheaper than any other hard top without losing space from a rollup. Not to mention its lockable unlike the soft tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really like my Diamondback.

Comment

I went with a Retrax on my new F-150. It takes up a little bit of bed space up by the rails, but you can still put stuff underneath it.

Comment

Had a Roll n Lock on my 2018 GMC Sierra and it was a decent unit. However, I went with a Retrax Pro MX on the 2022 GMC AT4 and I like it much better. Bed space loss is at a minimal and only up top. Still have space under and to the front of the bed.

RealTruck ships the 2022 Ford F150 RetraxPRO MX Tonneau Cover fast and free within the lower 48 United States. Take advantage of our product experts, image galleries, and legendary customer service to get the right part with no hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Last edited by mechhead; 05-25-2022, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I have a bakflip 4 coming in today for our new f150. The place I ordered it from said they are by far the best selling cover he installs, and also has a great track record for lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                    Had a Roll n Lock on my 2018 GMC Sierra and it was a decent unit. However, I went with a Retrax Pro MX on the 2022 GMC AT4 and I like it much better. Bed space loss is at a minimal and only up top. Still have space under and to the front of the bed.

RealTruck ships the 2022 Ford F150 RetraxPRO MX Tonneau Cover fast and free within the lower 48 United States. Take advantage of our product experts, image galleries, and legendary customer service to get the right part with no hassle.

$2k! dang!

Comment

The polycarbonate is a cheaper alternative…

RealTruck ships the 2022 Ford F150 RetraxONE MX Tonneau Cover fast and free within the lower 48 United States. Take advantage of our product experts, image galleries, and legendary customer service to get the right part with no hassle.

Comment

I don’t know what brand it is, but I bought a new company truck in 2020 and it has a ford branded roll up cover that was on it when I bought it. It’s aluminum on the underside of it. On my personal truck, I have the soft cover with the velcro on the sides and I don’t care for it.

Comment

I went with a soft cover, truxedo X15. I didn't like the obstruction of the tri-folds when they are folded up. This one rolls up and doesn't really block the rear view.

Also first truck with a cover so I didn't want to drop a couple grand right after I bought it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            I have a tri fold that uses quick release clamps to hold in place.
                            This for my ram. Easy to remove in seconds if you need to haul something.

Comment

I went with the Gator FX3 on my F150. Installed by myself in driveway in about an hour. The hard cover effectively turns the bed into a trunk. I keep stuff in there all the time now. Simple to fold up when you need the space.

Get the Gator FX3 Tonneau Cover from RealTruck fast with free shipping in the lower 48 United States. Our team of product experts, extensive image galleries, and legendary customer service make it easy to get the right part the first time.

Comment

Working...
                              X