‘Tainer Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

‘Tainer Town

This place has been in our family for over 50 years. We have never had a place to stay at the ranch. We have water, power, and sewer coming, but finally have made some progress.

First we had the footers for the pole barn that will cover the whole thing poured. Then we built up 2 gravel pads. We had a neighbor help with his skid steer, but all the finish work was done by hand to get them level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We used a product called geogrid to keep the gravel in place.

I contributed a 40 foot finished out container from Xcaliber containers.

Comment

In place and leveled up.

Comment

My Dad and Aunt bought this old oilfield house to set up parallel to the other container. It is 4 containers welded together to make a 16x60. It has 3 beds and 3 baths.

Comment

This is where we are now with a temporary cattle fence. We plan to build a large deck in between for covered outdoor space. Since these containers are not considered permanent structures, we hope to be tax-free.

Comment

looks awesome!! Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations, looks great, a very nice project.

Comment

Looks great! What are your impressions of the Geogrid? Been looking at that stuff on and off for a while.

Comment

The geogrid was cheap and easy to work with. We were able to cut it with a stout knife. The more you drive on it, the harder it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                      The geogrid was cheap and easy to work with. We were able to cut it with a stout knife. The more you drive on it, the harder it gets.

Do you remember what size Geogrid it was ? I’m thinking bout laying some down .

Comment

We bought a 16 foot wide roll. It was a triaxial type, Tensor TX 130S. It was about a 1 inch grid size. A slab or slabs were not in the budget.

We used a survey rig to get the pads level with rakes and shovels. Then we dumped 1500 lbs of Portland cement on the container pads. A couple of weeks of light rain and just ambient humidity really helped firm things up.
                        Last edited by TransPecos; 04-13-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

‘Tainer Town

Originally posted by TransPecos View Post
                          We bought a 16 foot wide roll. It was a triaxial type, Tensor TX 130S. It was about a 1 inch grid size. A slab or slabs were not in the budget.

We used a survey rig to get the pads level with rakes and shovels. Then we dumped 1500 lbs of Portland cement on the container pads. A couple of weeks of light rain and just ambient humidity really helped firm things up.

Thanks . I’m thinking of laying some down while doing a driveway repair .

Comment

The interior of the rig house.

Comment

We got the rig house from a company selling a whole yard full of them. They were in varying conditions and floor plans. A fellow TBH’er turned me on to the place last fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X