No announcement yet.

DIY Cabin build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread and following along. I love the symmetry of the 4 foot increments. very cheap price on the foundation based on lumber prices i've seen. i think i spent $1K on five steps 12 foot wide for our porch reno project.

Regarding the mini split. you should look into the multi-zoned mini split. if you want more comfort in the bedroom.

and congrats on the jackpot. we need more pics of the property and the "view"

Comment

Finished up most of all the interior walls and top plate today except in the master bedroom and closet. Ran out of material for the top and bottom plates (thought i estimated enough but i don’t do this kinda work every day).

My daughter cleaned up the site and we left early instead of going to town for more material. I’ll try and wrap up the rest Tuesday before I leave for work for two weeks.

Next days off i plan on getting the roof and porch framed and drying it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Bathroom and closet walls finished. Time for a two week break.

Comment

This is awesome. In.

Comment

Sheathed the exterior walls today, cut out windows, got the ceiling joist in above both bedroom and the ridge beam up. The kitchen/ living area will be vaulted.

103 heat index was rough, put in a solid 8 hrs today.

Comment

Nice project, really taking shape. Get that roof on and get you some shade, good luck.

Comment

DIY Cabin build

Little more progress, almost finished the roof rafters until I dropped scrap board with a nail in it & poked a hole in my air line and called it quits.

Will finish out the rafters and gable ends tomorrow.
                  Set cedar post and start framing the front porch. Hopefully dried in by the weekend.

Comment

Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DIY Cabin build

2 days work in at the farm.

Finished the roof framing, cut my front porch post and got them set and cut off level.
                      Threw some scrap scaffold together to work off of for installing the header and rafters.

Filled 10 feeders, mowed around camp and shot a few pigs last night with my thermal.

Hopefully this weekend I’ll have the rafters up, decking on, roofing felt and wrap done. This heat is killing me.

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Great progress getting that roof framed and the posts set, but take it easy in this heat.

Comment

Put in 8 hot hours today by myself.

Porch roof is done. Gotta add the sub fascia to the front. Frame up some end walls under the porch side eaves and trim ceiling joist poking out the back rafters then I can deck it.

Comment

Looks great! Nice work.

Comment

Strong work!

Comment

Working...
                                X