No announcement yet.

Post your public land kills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure are some nice bucks up in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
      [/B]
      Now that's funny right there. Hell even in western states, a lot of the units are 'draw only' for certain species. Ain't public land though I guess!
      Guess we'll need to start an "OTC Public Land Only" thread for the purists.

Comment

Post your public land kills

Javelina this past January on an AZ deer hunt. I drew the javi tag, could have bought it leftover, and the deer tag was OTC— so I have no idea if this qualifies as a true public land kill or not...

Also, javelina carnitas are delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
          Be sure and tell everyone exactly what parcel of public land you killed it on so that way everyone has a shot .......and also if it is a drawn hunt, I am sorry but I don't consider that public land. Public land is land that anyone can access and hunt at anytime.
          So any CO mule deer shot west of Denver doesn't count since you had to draw the tag?

Comment

I got a nice porker at Aransas.
            Attached Files

Comment

Be sure and tell everyone exactly what parcel of public land you killed it on so that way everyone has a shot .......and also if it is a drawn hunt, I am sorry but I don't consider that public land. Public land is land that anyone can access and hunt at anytime.
              I'm sorry you feel that way. How about you contribute to the thread with some public land kills instead of telling people what is public land and what is not.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                I'm sorry you feel that way. How about you contribute to the thread with some public land kills instead of telling people what is public land and what is not.
                SFA - I meet you on the trail as we where both dragging our deer out. I only hunt public land and I never worked as hard as I did on that hunt. That was a well deserved trophy - no picture will ever do that deer justice.

Comment

Originally posted by public View Post
                  SFA - I meet you on the trail as we where both dragging our deer out. I only hunt public land and I never worked as hard as I did on that hunt. That was a well deserved trophy - no picture will ever do that deer justice.
                  Thanks brother. Were you the guy in the saddle with the 10 point?

It was a tough hunt. People that haven't hunted there don't know what it is like to hunt at Hagerman. Toughest hunt I have ever been on. And, I have hunted public land for a LONG time.

Comment

I think this is what they call a checkmate.

Comment

GOT EEEEMMMMMM!!!!!!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A bit of a backwoods take...

Comment

Whether walk-in or draw only, any public land kill is tough and hard-earned! Draw hunts aren't any easier than walk-in so I'm not sure why the argument was made but whatever. Kudos to the public land killers!

Comment

WY ‘20. Can’t complain w/ a 2nd choice tag and killing a better than average buck for the area. I live for old mature, fat, swollen neck, saggy belly MD bucks. Something about them gets my heart pumping whether they’re 200” or 150”. I’m proud of this buck and how tough it was to get him, then put my dad on his buddy from his bachelor group a week later. Some say sage deer ain’t no good but he tastes just as good as any other I’ve killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man you folks have been getting it done. Really appreciate your posting in this thread.
                              Not sure how anyone could come to this thread and have something stupid to say but I guess it is what it is.
                              Well done folks

Comment

Nice muley! I bet that's a fun hunt, one of these years I'm gonna toss my hat in the ring. Gotta conquer the Elk first.

Comment

Working...
                                X