2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
    Well, had planned on going in the morning when I got off work. But some dummy didn’t check the weather. High winds, lightning, and thunder this morning. Only had 1” lt rain out of the show.

Did go gigging this evening and fished off a pier. 10-12 dink’s, and only saw 1 flounder.
    Freaking love me some hunting of fishes. We got some gigging in during a brief wind break last weekend. Excuse the sand, wife is ruthless dropping flatties on the ground for some reason no matter how much I **** and moan. LOL... That's a 75qt Yeti for size reference.
    Attached Files

Comment

We had a great topwater bite this morning wading with the majority being 17-20" fish. It lasted about an hour and a half and when the tide slowed so did the bite. We caught 'em on worms after that but most at that point were under 17". I bet I caught 10 over 17 this morning and no telling how many under.

Yesterday we caught 3 limits of trout out of the boat and released a bunch more. Lots of 14-16"ers.

What a difference a light wind makes, even if it is still a SW wind.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        Well, had planned on going in the morning when I got off work. But some dummy didn’t check the weather. High winds, lightning, and thunder this morning. Only had 1” lt rain out of the show.

Did go gigging this evening and fished off a pier. 10-12 dink’s, and only saw 1 flounder.
        That’s cool! I’m gonna take little man flounder gigging someday!!

Comment

Congrats Glenn!

Comment

Justletmein, goodness that’s a toad!!!

Congrats Capt!

Slew- let me know when you get down. There’s a few places to walk in. Have lights you can borrow as well.

I jacked around and didn’t fish yesterday morning, so made a trip last night. Light southwest wind, water way out. Surprisingly water was clean, tons of bait, but didn’t catch anything. Fished from 2100-2300.

Made a round with my mutts after a quick shower and got skunked again. Almost wish I’d stayed home.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              Freaking love me some hunting of fishes. We got some gigging in during a brief wind break last weekend. Excuse the sand, wife is ruthless dropping flatties on the ground for some reason no matter how much I **** and moan. LOL... That's a 75qt Yeti for size reference.

Who needs ice? Just throw your fish on top of the chicken and broccoli! [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Who needs ice? Just throw your fish on top of the chicken and broccoli! [emoji23]
                That's what I thought, one stop shopping lol. Nice work

Comment

Lol. That’s just wrong! You need peas to ice stuff down !

Comment

With those flat fish might as well use the yard burd to catch crabs. Then you could stuff the flounder with crab and broccoli

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Spending the weekend at my in-laws in sea isle, decided to hit the surf the morning, couldn’t have asked for better water. Nice sandy green with a couple ft of visibility. Had two blow ups on tops this morning at first light and that was it. Saw a couple guys throwing shrimp and only saw them catch a couple hard heads.

Comment

Got out the other day after work. Man the wind was making things tuff, only managed (2) short reds. I did a great job at spooking several out of the county though. At least I fished a new area that was holding them. Happy Memorial Day out there fellas.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Found a few fish to make a check today. Local Young Life “win third coast” tourney was great. Organized, family friendly, and for a great cause. 1st place trout and 4th place flounder. Click image for larger version

Name:	F69B3E22-2A2F-4F50-AC0D-11525F6E0279.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	24685688
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	F5AC70F2-371F-40A4-9EDA-2FE3FB2B25B0.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24685689

Comment

Awesome Job!

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                              Found a few fish to make a check today. Local Young Life “win third coast” tourney was great. Organized, family friendly, and for a great cause. 1st place trout and 4th place flounder. [ATTACH]1090849[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH]1090850[/ATTACH]
                              Congrats!

Comment

Oh no you killed a trout.

Comment

Working...
                                X