Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
    It seems strange that this only happens in the US. I wonder what other countries are able to do to prevent this type of stuff from happening? I would guess that kids I’m most other countries also play violent video games. Are parents in other countries just better parents than those in the US? Maybe they’re just better at sending their thoughts and prayers so God listens to them more. That’s the only thing I can come up with.
    Definitely questions worth asking. It's pretty hard to deny this seems to be a US issue. If someone has data that disproves this please post it.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Its hard to put into words my thoughts. I'm Praying for these families and Kids. Their emotions are running wild right now and social media doesn't help. BELIEVE me when I tell you, Please pray for these folks. There is a time for everything, but right now they need prayer. Save your agendas and just pray for peace and comfort.

Pray for all of our kids and teachers that have a few more days left. I sent everyone in my household off to school this morning. My wife the teacher, my mother-in-law the lunch lady, and my daughter the 8th grader.

And Dads, Men, Its time to step up to the plate and become the spiritual leaders of your families. Start showing your sons and daughters what a Godly man should look like. This is the single most thing that help stop these things.

Comment

It seems strange that this only happens in the US. I wonder what other countries are able to do to prevent this type of stuff from happening? I would guess that kids I’m most other countries also play violent video games. Are parents in other countries just better parents than those in the US? Maybe they’re just better at sending their thoughts and prayers so God listens to them more. That’s the only thing I can come up with.
        Does it only happen in the U.S. though?

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
          Definitely questions worth asking. It's pretty hard to deny this seems to be a US issue. If someone has data that disproves this please post it.

Are we talking strictly school shootings? Or do other shootings and mass homicides not count?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            The root of the problem is **** poor parenting period. Not guns, not mental illness, not video games. Terrible parenting is the cause for a lot of these acts.
            I agree with this partially. It has a lot to do with parenting, but mental health is a HUGE factor in this as well. If Video games were a real factor this would be much more common. People don't realize how many millions of people play first person shooter games like Call of Duty every single day. I'd imagine this is a combination of poor parenting, mental health issues, and a slew of other factors that created the perfect storm of evil in this guy. Absolutely senseless and heartbreaking. I pray for all of those involved in this tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Violent video games is the cause. Laughable!!

My son played (and still does to an extent) every call of duty, GTA and shoot your *** off game ever put out with a slew of buddies from high school. Half of those kids traveled the state with show animals, a competitive shooting team and a welding team. Sometimes the x-box went with them cause they got taped in the room. They weren't allowed to run up and down the hallways of the hotel trying to find beer like we did when I traveled with FFA

Three just launched a deal to work with ranches to book hunters, one runs a shift at a fab shop after going to tulsa welding school and another moving to ATM this school year. Mine scored 5 figures a year in out of state tuition in academic and shooting scholarships. Shot sporting clays in 5 states and competed for a spot on the Olympic team. Hes maintained a 3.5 GPA despite being dyslexic and 13 hours from home. Still has time to build his own lures and is refinishing a boat he helped buy with his own money. In a few weeks he will be an archery/shotgun instructor for a youth camp on large ranch outside San Antonio

Out of this group of kids, one is old enough to buy beer. Ive taken all but one hunting or fishing and would do it again tomorrow. And let them borrow a gun to do it.

But what do I know, Im apparently ignorant parent who let a video game raise his child

Sounds to me like you raised one heck of a man. Stick around, would ya? I’m may pick your brain in the years to come. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                Similarly, my wife (who took a super-sub position, and is not certified) is currently in a room with 15-20 students (6th - 8th grade) with behavioral/emotional issues, alone, daily. While they aren't secluded in a temp structure, they are "removed" from the bulk of student activity in a large room near the gym, causing her to be on an island with some less-than-well-behaved kids, a couple of whom could easily overpower her. Very frustrating and concerning, especially knowing what we know about the kids and their home lives.

I am praying for the families of EVERY single child and staff member on campus yesterday. There's no telling what kind of life-altering trauma the survivors witnessed. Children and innocent bystanders are as undeserving of their penance as those whose lives were lost. It's truly heartbreaking.

As a gun rights advocate, I think the biggest mistake any of us can make is to continue spouting the same arguments in the aftermath of such events. Something, somewhere has to change. The rhetoric from both sides is old and proven to be false.
                BS. It’s not the guns fault. That same rhetoric has been played out too.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Don’t start that ****. You know very well that it will be abused. That’s why most are against it.
                  This! Another step in total confiscation. It would be different if it was done right, but democrats have already said they want ALL guns banned.
                  Last edited by DUKFVR; 05-25-2022, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    Are we talking strictly school shootings? Or do other shootings and mass homicides not count?
                    Schools

Comment

HE apparently bought these two guns a few weeks ago on his 18th birthday for $5000

Question for ya.....

If you were the gun store owner and that kid, looking the way he did...would it raise any question in the back of your mind about why he would be buying them?

Or do you just make the sale because you want the $5000 cash in hand?

Just asking....because every single picture I have seen of him he looks like a disturbed person.......and yes I am profiling him.....

What do you do as a gun shop owner?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        Does it only happen in the U.S. though?
                        The answer to your question is yes. Yes this only happens in the US. Here’s a list of total school shootings 2009-2018. US had 288. Next highest was Mexico with 9. No that’s not a typo.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I blame the school , after Sandy Hook , columbine and any other school shootings, if you allow anyone to freely walk into your school then your to blame.

Comment

The answer to your question is yes. Yes this only happens in the US. Here’s a list of total school shootings 2009-2018. US had 288. Next highest was Mexico with 9. No that’s not a typo.
                            I would guess that if you looked at the data for mass shootings in general you would likely see the same trend. Mexico might be a lot higher on the list but then you get into the issue of how the data is gathered. If you're comparing countries its most likely through media reports.

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
                              we protect inmates and prisoners better than our kids , how bout one access point in to the school, with all the bells and whistles . How bout doors that lock and you have to be buzzed in once its established who you are . It may be a big pain in the butt to go thru all that but its no where near the pain these families are dealing with today . I understand that its not supposed to be this way but we will never eliminate evil doers, time to keep em out of our schools.
                              ^^^This^^^^ And use the 193 billion of unspent Covid money given to every school in America. We have check points at airports, libraries, court houses, gov't buildings, hospitals..... do it for our kids!!!! Enough finger pointing, just do it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                Use your brain. Quit trying to stir up crap and stop and think about the real ramifications of red flag laws that WILL get abused. Heck I could call and say I thought you were a crazy unstable old man. Boom. They are coming to get your guns. All of us want to protect our children and family. Most all of us understand it’s not the guns fault. We just know that the government further regulating our freedoms is not the answer.
                                Im not stirring up crap
                                You deny crazy exist?
                                I also know that every law is abused by the government and that no matter what democrats are going to try and take your guns regardless of the constitution.
                                I'd also bet most people who dont like the thought of a red flag law ALSO think i should be required to get permission slip from the gov. to open or conceal carry a hand g

Comment

Working...
                                X