Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=rtp;16228018]
    Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post

Gotcha. Me too!

If things fall apart I’m actually going to be looking at picking up real estate instead of more stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a highly inflated market as well right now, but is at least a physical asset. I wouldn’t be surprised if a BUNCH of people take a bath in the real estate market if this downturn truly enters a hard bear market or depression.

Comment

[quote=IkemanTX;16228577]
      Originally posted by rtp View Post

That is a highly inflated market as well right now, but is at least a physical asset. I wouldn’t be surprised if a BUNCH of people take a bath in the real estate market if this downturn truly enters a hard bear market or depression.

That’s why I sold my properties. The returns I got were astronomical due to a hot market and now I’ll just play the waiting game. If prices of industrial buildings in the Houston area level off or trend down I’ll be a buyer again.

Comment

[quote=IkemanTX;16228577]

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people bail out iof the stock market and get into real estate. Tangible is better than paper.

Comment

Meanwhile, she advises investors to resist any temptation to buy the dips. Instead, she advises, hunker down in cash; the lows are still a distance away.

Glad I sold my stock and 100% cash. The bottom is yet to come, big time. Hey, rtp, don't lock in your losses with your stock. LOL.

Comment

[quote=rtp;16229309]
            Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

That’s why I sold my properties. The returns I got were astronomical due to a hot market and now I’ll just play the waiting game. If prices of industrial buildings in the Houston area level off or trend down I’ll be a buyer again.

I think that was well played on your part. Game over. Clear the board and let’s play again.

Comment

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              Meanwhile, she advises investors to resist any temptation to buy the dips. Instead, she advises, hunker down in cash; the lows are still a distance away.

Glad I sold my stock and 100% cash. The bottom is yet to come, big time. Hey, rtp, don't lock in your losses with your stock. LOL.

I posted that just for you. Like I said let us know when you get back in and what you bought. [emoji6]. And I never will be in a position to “have” to lock in a lose. That’s probably a concept lost on a rebel like you.

Last edited by rtp; 05-22-2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I posted that just for you. Like I said let us know when you get back in and what you bought. [emoji6]. And I never will be in a position to “have” to lock in a lose. That’s probably a concept lost on a rebel like you.

According to WSJ the average # of trading days from a high to low during bear market is 213 days. We are day 97 days from s&p 500 peak. Ways to go but halfway there! I'm not buying back in yet but watching a few closely.

Comment

2.5 years more of Biden may make that 213 day average dip a little longer!

Comment

I bailed out today. Moved 90% of my money into stable cash funds after losing about 1/3. I thought this crap was going to be short lived but now I think it's here for a while.

Comment

I have actually been buying stock slowly, figuring since stocks are down roughly 20% hopefully discount buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        I bailed out today. Moved 90% of my money into stable cash funds after losing about 1/3. I thought this crap was going to be short lived but now I think it's here for a while.
                        Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                        I have actually been buying stock slowly, figuring since stocks are down roughly 20% hopefully discount buying.
                        Not judging either strategy but a perfect example of how the market works.....for everyone who thinks it's time to sell, someone thinks it is a buying opportunity.

Comment

Not judging either strategy but a perfect example of how the market works.....for everyone who thinks it's time to sell, someone thinks it is a buying opportunity.
                          It takes two to tango...

Comment

I can’t imagine selling right now and realizing big losses. I guess it happens every correction, and everyone is in a different position.

Comment

Good read for those considering the timing of things

Comment

Was my exact thought, you dont lose until you sell. But, some may be in different positions. Market prays on the weak.

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                                I can’t imagine selling right now and realizing big losses. I guess it happens every correction, and everyone is in a different position.

Comment

Working...
                                X