Select Baseball 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select Baseball 2022

Anybody at the scrapyard this weekend? We are playing up from 12U to 13u. Texas Outlaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
      Going to Pep Mueller park this weekend with the grandson. U 12 Bluechips.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Feild #4
      8 :00 start
      Grandson scheduled to pitch.

Comment

Post up some pictures guys.

Comment

Brock went 2-0 yesterday, about to start bracket game 1 at 10.

Good luck guys

Comment

We won 8-3
            Pretty much out of pitchers. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Got shelled 13-3
              Get them next time.

Comment

Cash went 6 innings, 9 K’s, 1 earned run. They went 1-1 yesterday. Lost the first game of bracket today. 2-2 at the plate, 1 RBI today.

Comment

we played good and won the first game, then after a 4.5hr layoff we got our butts whipped in game 2. when these boys do it bad, they do it bad real hard lol. to their defense, it was to a good pitchman team out of lubbock and they beat a good usa prime team in the championship 9-0 right after our game.

and 4hrs between games is for the birds, scheduling more than 1 game between bracket games is just dumb.

Comment

Boys played better this weekend, but still not up to their capability. We lack a little depth, and some lack a little commitment, IMO.

Brady continues to stripe the ball, I think he’s hitting an even 500, and hitting it hard! He pitched pretty well but gave up a granny yesterday in the big wind.[emoji23] We came back to walk it off after he led off the last with a rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok so a little rant and want to see if this happens to you guys outside of the Houston area.

Coach let us know what tourney we are signed up for. I always go and look and see who will be in the same tournament with, because I have friends that play on other teams as well.

Perfect Game seems to be the worst about it down here. The first day I looked at the teams there was like 25 teams signed up to play. Look back a day later and its down to 20. Here we are on Wednesday and it went down to 18 and back up to 19.

I know for a fact they put "ghost" teams in there to make it look appealing. I have seen our name on the list before on a weekend where we were not playing. I have also seen my friends team "signed" up for two different tournaments on the same day!

Does this happen to others outside of Houston area?

Comment

Yes. They have to get signed up for certain ones by certain dates, and the earlier you sign up the more preference you usually get in regards to requesting game times.

They don't always know if the tournament they WANT to play will make, and the alternate may fill up in the meantime, so they sign up for more than one. It's irritating, but that's how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Yes. They have to get signed up for certain ones by certain dates, and the earlier you sign up the more preference you usually get in regards to requesting game times.

They don't always know if the tournament they WANT to play will make, and the alternate may fill up in the meantime, so they sign up for more than one. It's irritating, but that's how it goes.
                          That's the biggest difference---PG actually puts the teams in there, not the coaches!

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
                            That's the biggest difference---PG actually puts the teams in there, not the coaches!
                            Yep and USSSA did it before PG. The tournament director does it and as been doing so for years. It's just a marketing gimmick.

Comment

Well we had hi hopes going in to Sunday sitting 6 out of 17.

But it didn't quite go our way. My dude threw his heart out and just ran out of pitches. It happens, but someone got this awesome photo of him doing his thing!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Welding Teach; 05-16-2022, 06:35 AM. Reason: added another picture

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
                                Well we had hi hopes going in to Sunday sitting 6 out of 17.

But it didn't quite go our way. My dude threw his heart out and just ran out of pitches. It happens, but someone got this awesome photo of him doing his thing!
                                yes sir, good stuff

the 11s lost game 2 yesterday, the boys were out of gas after 8am game 1 and finishing after 930 saturday night.

the 14s went an ugly 0-2 on saturday and got to play a really bad team yesterday in the consolation game and won 13-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X