2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
    What pole is that? I have a rednecked version of a pole but need something more along the lines of what you have.
    To be honest I couldn't tell you. It was given to me by Pat (snowflake killa) on here. Maybe he will chime in and know or maybe send him a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
      What pole is that? I have a rednecked version of a pole but need something more along the lines of what you have.
      It's a poleducer sold by shut-up-and-fish. I've got the same one I bought off Slew. He wasn't as nice as Pat, he didn't give it to me. LOL

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, I will look at them. I’m guessing that SK doesn’t have another one. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          It's a poleducer sold by shut-up-and-fish. I've got the same one I bought off Slew. He wasn't as nice as Pat, he didn't give it to me. LOL

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
          Maybe you need to ask for a refund🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Maybe you need to ask for a refund����

That is funny, sir!

I was wondering if that is where you were heading with the mount build . Which head unit did you settle for? I'ma guessing they pop in and out of that base on top the mount? (unlike the Birds I have)

Comment

Well after a few years of debating and getting my arm twisted by a couple on here(slew and Pat) lol, we broke down and got the livescope. Pat was awesome and gave me pole so that svaed me a little. It came in Wednesday and I spent yesterday afternoon pulling wires and installing the black box. Finished it up this morning
              You should be able to run the transducer inside the pole vs zip tie if you want

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                That is funny, sir!

I was wondering if that is where you were heading with the mount build . Which head unit did you settle for? I'ma guessing they pop in and out of that base on top the mount? (unlike the Birds I have)
                Yes sir they do pop out which makes life easy as far as that goes. I already had 2 garmin 93 uhd's and they are livescope ready so I didn't need a unit just had to buy the black box and transducer. I will eventually move both garmins up front so I can run mapping and livescope simultaneously and will add a hummingbird mega at the console

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                  You should be able to run the transducer inside the pole vs zip tie if you want
                  I thought about that but if for some reason I have to take the pole off, its as simple as cutting a few tie straps. Running through the pole I would have to pull the entire livescope transducer cable out which runs through the side and into where the black box is mounted.

Comment

To be honest I couldn't tell you. It was given to me by Pat (snowflake killa) on here. Maybe he will chime in and know or maybe send him a pm.
                    He just wants to tell everyone he gave you the shaft!!

Tough day today! 10.51. Sitting in 15th place. 12.40 is leading and 11.69 is second. Our 7 best fish all week wouldn’t weight 12.40! Caught a stupid amount of fish though. They’re not bashful about jumping on a jig! Took several waves over the bow today. Gonna be windy tomorrow. Fish tomorrow and then head home Sunday morning. Maybe can do better tomorrow ans crack the top 10.

Comment

Oh how I love crappie fishing an eating crappie

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        He just wants to tell everyone he gave you the shaft!!

Tough day today! 10.51. Sitting in 15th place. 12.40 is leading and 11.69 is second. Our 7 best fish all week wouldn’t weight 12.40! Caught a stupid amount of fish though. They’re not bashful about jumping on a jig! Took several waves over the bow today. Gonna be windy tomorrow. Fish tomorrow and then head home Sunday morning. Maybe can do better tomorrow ans crack the top 10.
                        Good luck today. I know your wife wants a check for mothers day so don't come home empty handed! You can have the trophy and she gets the money right? [emoji1787][emoji857]

Comment

Well today we got our feet wet with livescope. We fished 1/2 day and caught over 40 crappie. We kept 20 and lost several good ones at the boat. Threw back at least 20 or more smaller ones. Caught them all fishing submerged timber on hand tied jigs.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Caught a good little pile on waco today. 5-10' of water on jigs.

They were buying super soft, lost quite a few early setting the hook, they were basically just swallowing it and swimming away. Definitely harder to feel.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well im loving the livescope! 2nd day out with it and we caught probably 70 crappie today on Rayburn. Brought 47 home. Momma wanted to go crappie fishing for Mother's day, and she caught a hammer today
                              Attached Files

Comment

Goodness, she got a monsta!

And look at that pot o gold at the bottom of that rainbow on the graph!

Comment

Working...
                                X