Tab vs. Glove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    Trad max in ASA is now 30 yards. 13 of the targets I shot at Saturday were between 25 & 30 yards. Tought shoot for a guy that rarely practices beyond 20 yards.

That’s because it’s folks that only know compounds that set it up!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
      I dont have a dog in the fight but im just getting started and im going with a tab. Not for speed reasons it just seems more comfortable to me than wearing a glove while im hunting.
      I really WANT to like a tab, just cannot get used to it. No doubt the string just "slips off the fingers" a little better than with a glove.

I should invent a glove with calf hair fingers. Get rich and retire.

Comment

I really WANT to like a tab, just cannot get used to it. No doubt the string just "slips off the fingers" a little better than with a glove.

I should invent a glove with calf hair fingers. Get rich and retire.
        If you can't get used to a tab, and are intent on using a glove, but still want the slickest release possible from it, then you need to get one of the gloves that have the nylon string faces stitched to the finger stalls.

Rick
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a Bodnik Speed Glove or a Dura-glove. I currently use the Bodnik.

Thanks!

Comment

Looks like a Bodnik Speed Glove or a Dura-glove. I currently use the Bodnik.

Thanks!
            When I was still hung up on gloves, those style gave me the best release/loose (by far) of any of the all leather ones.

When I switched permanently to a tab, the Saunders pack tabs wound up being my favorite, but the material they used changed over the years to a more rubbery type stuff, and that made them kind of suck.

When I started building tabs for myself, I remembered the nylon on the gloves, and is what lead to me building tabs with the nylon string faces.

Rick
            Last edited by RickBarbee; 02-21-2022, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              When I was still hung up on gloves, those style gave me the best release/loose (by far) of any of the all leather ones.

When I switched permanently to a tab, the Saunders pack tabs wound up being my favorite, but the material they used changed over the years to a more rubbery type stuff, and that made them kind of suck.

When I started building tabs for myself, I remembered the nylon on the gloves, and is what lead to me building tabs with the nylon string faces.

Rick
              I may need to get me one of those tabs to try!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                You and me both! I've had one on my "need" list for a while now. However, a new longbow is a step higher on the list.

Comment

Trad max in ASA is now 30 yards. 13 of the targets I shot at Saturday were between 25 & 30 yards. Tought shoot for a guy that rarely practices beyond 20 yards.
                  I shot a qualifier a few weeks ago, and we had 2 or 3 targets under 20. It was a tougher course than I've shot before, and I missed 4 targets. I'll definitely need to work more on those longer targets. I shot thru their chrono just out of curiosity and stayed consistent between 158-160fps. I've been playing around with a lighter arrow build but haven't committed to one yet. Shooting more often and practicing more will be more beneficial to me, lol.

Comment

3 under- tab
                    Flemish loose- glove
                    Split- I do but dont split

Comment

I screwed around with a tab vs glove on my chrono last year (I'm a tab shooter but just for grins) and I seem to remember for me it was a couple fps slower using a glove rather than a tab. I tried a couple different gloves and got about the same results. So a tab FOR ME was faster which worked because that's what I prefer anyways. I do feel my release is much cleaner with a tab so it may be because of my release or how I release or something along those lines that a glove isn't as clean and hangs up or something. I dunno but it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                        Bare fingers
                        X2

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                          I am not really comfortable with tabs but I can shoot his tab.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am no expert but I always shot a tab. There is less friction and room for error in my opinion that no one asked for lol

Comment

I tried a tab but it did not feel good or natural at all.

I do like the gloves

Comment

I prefer a glove. I do have one of Rick's tabs that I'm going to give a try. I shot a compound for most of the 80's and used a tab for that, so I do have quite a bit of experience with a tab.

Comment

Working...
                                X